Hi from Kansas City area

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
Oldslow

Hi from Kansas City area

Post by Oldslow » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Purchased a 2010 SH150i earlier this year, added windshield, new tires, battery, brakes, general maintenance done and have been enjoying the KC weather Cold/Rainy at first now very hot/rainy.... Although working on finding a side stand and cargo rack. Planning on attempting trip to Seattle this fall.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hi from Kansas City area

Post by TommyXP » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Welcome to the Forum Oldslow. The weather has been the same in Michigan as in K.C....
Should be an interesting trip to Seattle and I can think of nothing more dependable to rely on to get you there and back with a minimal of fuss.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Oldslow

Post by Oldslow » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:50 am

So far it's been very dependable (except battery froze while riding at 1*F in January, had to push home...good cardio exercise) and I use as primary vehicle for most shorter trips. Amazingly enough for most parts if I order through local dealer seems to be less expensive (their pricing is competitive and no freight, plus delivery within 2-3 days). I notice there's a .pdf Service Manual available, how would I go about obtaining a link to it? Also have been digging through the Forum and most of my questions have been answered, so I was very happy to discover the Forum.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:41 am

Considering all the work you've done on the bike yourself, I ASSumed that you had a Factory Service Manual and didn't offer the .pdf to you. If you would like to download a copy of it via DropBox, merely send me a PM with your email address and you, like so many others, can have it for yourself.
I also ASSume that the replacement battery was also an AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) type too.....
1°F is some cold riding weather. I ride all Winter too and know what it is like (Good!) as long as one takes the Time to suit-up extra well. Seems to me that below 22° is when all the extra's for comfort come into play.

Oldslow

Post by Oldslow » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:48 pm

Doesn't impact battery, but windchill with 40mph+ at 1*F is much lower... I can just imagine what it's like in MI. I do have a copy of a service manual but the quality for pictures isn't very good. So will send a PM with email address for your kind offer....

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:58 am

The .pdf file is on its way.....