Hi from PA

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
evad

Hi from PA

Post by evad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just picked up a 2010 SH150i yesterday. Looking forward to lots of fun on this, and I'm glad to find this site of enthusiasts.

The scooter itself is the oldest new scooter I've seen, with just 338 miles on the odometer!

I may have to invest in a side stand -- I've seen that there is lots of info on that here. It seems odd to me that the brake lock locks the rear wheel, when the only way to stop the bike and walk away keeps the rear wheel off the ground.

Thanks,
Dave

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hi from PA

Post by TommyXP » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Welcome to the Forum Dave. IMHO you are extremely fortunate and have found yourself a gem! You can look forward to many years of trouble-free riding with a bare minimum of thoughtful maintenance. I find the brake lock sometimes most useful when transacting business at teller or drive-up windows and also have a tendency to use it anyways at night as a possible hindrance as a theft deterrent to the extremely ignorant.
Encase you do not have a "Factory Service Manual" for the 2010SH, you can PM me with your e-mail address and you will be able to download a complete version thereof in .pdf format.
Even with the extremely low-low miles on it, I'd recommend changing the oil right off as organic oils DO deteriorate with time. Follow your own preferences but I use and prefer Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic in both of my SH's and like it for both its cost-wise and beneficial results. Again, do your own homework, enjoy your ride and don't feel shy about asking any questions or making any statements regarding your new Joy in life.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

evad

Post by evad » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:53 am

Thanks for offering to send the Factory Service Manual! That will be a huge help. PM sent.

I was able to find the Owner's Manual online, which was nice.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:08 am

If you think that the Owners Manual was nice; wait until you see the Factory Service Manual!....which should be on its way.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

lazyguy

Post by lazyguy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:00 pm

congratulations on a great scooter. I have 17,000 miles on one and 24,000 on another and still my go to scoot for everyday riding. Where did you find that one if you don't mind my asking as don't remember seeing it on line anywhere. Enjoy!

evad

Post by evad » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:22 pm

I got it from a friend in CT. He posted it on LetGo, but nowhere else.