Removing side panels for painting

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
Villager

Removing side panels for painting

Post by Villager » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:30 pm

I just bought my first scooter, a low mileage 2010 . I have concerns that the deep burgundy color might be difficult to see, so I’m willing to repaint it . I can’t seem to locate the last attachment , so I need help . It seems to be around the center boss that is used to anchor the rear rack .
Does anyone know what I need to do next ? I can tug the panel up , but nothing releases or shifts fore / aft. The tail light is still attached to both side panels .
Do the front forks have any oil inside ?
My regular email address is ttypegary@yahoo.com for a quicker contact . Thank you !

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Removing side panels for painting

Post by TommyXP » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:55 am

Before trying to use words and mental gymnastics to explain the wonderful though complex engineering system that Honda has come to use, I am going to see that you get a complete "Honda Factory Service Manual" in .pdf format via the email you provided. To dissemble practically anything on the SH requires that a specific routine should/must be followed in order to lessen ones pain.
Let me know if and when you get the manual and we'll take it from there IF you have any other questions.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Removing side panels for painting

Post by TommyXP » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:54 am

plastic.jpg
Here is another copy of the image you might use:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.