Greetings from Indiana

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
Jobu1975

Greetings from Indiana

Post by Jobu1975 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:34 pm

Hello! New to the group. I purchase a 2010 with 3300 miles in Indianapolis this weekend. Third owner. I learned the first owner died in a tragic plane crash in 2016 with five others. He was the pilot. He regularly rode the scooter from his house to the airport according to the seller (friend). Read up on the accident today. Sobering stuff. Seller purchased from widow in 2017 so all not very long ago. Good to know the history but now I feel a bit unsettled about it. I'm not superstitious...

I have a few scooters in my stable. Wife was not happy..au need to lete go of one of my Elite 150s. In any case, I look forward to riding and tinkering. I did not come with any manuals to speak of so I would appreciate a copy of offered. I could post a pic for some reason but will try again later

Ben

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Greetings from Indiana

Post by TommyXP » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:15 am

Welcome to the Forum Ben.
First off: if you send me your e-mail address via a PM (private message) you will be able to download both the Owners Manual and more importantly, The Factory Service Manual, in .pdf format via a method known as "Drop Box".

Finding an SH with such low miles on it is a Godsend and you are very fortunate IMHO and the previous history that came along with it can be a blessing too, if, it is treated with the proper respect; as it sounds as if you are doing. I firmly believe that we imbue the world around us and the 'things' we frequently come in contact of, with the ever higher frequencies that our personal aura emanates and of which we; if we are not wasting our Time on this particular aspect of our Infinite journey; are continually devoted to increasing 'them' by our actions and especially our INTENTIONS towards each and every of our fellow man.
I have a special regard for flyers; for having spent a couple, so long ago, years in V.N. flying helicopters and contrary to the then military-norm; always trying to lessen the impact on others of the horrors to war.
IMHO, to die to this 'plain' whilst doing what one Loves is an honor bestowed by God and I hope each and every one of us shall be as fortunate as he, and fearlessly make the ultimate transition from this base, vulgar, meaningless material existence and into the Spirit of Glory that awaits and kindles deep within us all; when our entire earthly existence is wrapped-up in each of our own unavoidable ultimate moment............
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.