Returning to scooter's

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
IaScoot

Returning to scooter's

Post by IaScoot » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:12 am

Hello everyone, I am in the process of buying a new SH150i. I have had a few scooters over the years including a Yamaha Vino 125, 2 Yamaha Majesty's, a Honda Silver Wing and my favorite, a 2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT. I recently sold my 2008 BMW R1200RT and I am returning to the scooters again. I had a 2008 Moto Guzzi Norge and a 16 year old girl made a left turn in front of me while she was text messaging and I broadsided her car. Totaled my Guzzi and hurt my back bad. I replaced the Guzzi with the R1200RT but I find that with the back injury my touring days are over so I will return to my favorite ride - a scooter. I have really enjoyed the different scooters that I have had and I hope to enjoy the SH150i also. I was going to buy another Yamaha Majesty but I decided on the 150i instead. I plan on adding a top case and different windscreen. I just wish Honda would have put a side stand on them. I have also heard that the motor in the Euro SH150oi's is different than the one in the U.S. models.

bigbird
Staff

Re: Returning to scooter's

Post by bigbird » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi. I had an SH150i for a few months and traded for a Silverwing. I needed the bigger scooter for 2up highway riding.The 150 is perfect for urban run and gun driving. I added a Yoshimura high performance exhaust system to mine and really liked its effect. The only downside was the droning at constant highway speeds.
I have a factory service manual and a bunch of maintenance parts I'm selling if you plan on doing your own service.
Here's the link:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=361

AFAIK, the European spec SH150i uses the identical engine to the N. American version. The Euro scooter does have a rear disc brake instead of drum and the side marker lights and turn signals are different.
Terry
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada

F800

Re: Returning to scooter's

Post by F800 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Had same problem last week. Someone rammed into my F800 and it is in the shop getting fix. My main ride is the SH150i.

I hope to get my F800 back sometime next week. For day to day transportation the SH150 is fine.

They need to outlaw CARS :lol:

Everyone rides motorcycles or scooters ;)