ADV 150 comming to U.S.

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
breaknwind

ADV 150 comming to U.S.

Post by breaknwind » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 am

Anyone have any interest in the ADV 150? I've been thinking about buying a low mileage SH to turn into a stoplight to stoplight hotrod but aging rubber and all. The ADV 150 looks interesting but I'm not happy about a 1.5 HP decrease in power. Also the start-stop and smart key are big negative's. But the rear disk brake is a big positive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: ADV 150 comming to U.S.

Post by TommyXP » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am

I heartily agree with your three big negatives and would also include what appears to be a smaller rear tire size......Seems that one generation will make an improvement and then the next generation will take advantage of it BUT then forget the reason the change was made and then oppose it or do the opposite merely for the sake of what most worship: CHANGE (without reason)......
I always have the option to treat mine SH's as stop-light to stop-light dragsters and am pleased just to keep them a runnin'......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:35 am

There's just one thing that I can't get over. It's a looker 8-)

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:42 am

Honda sent me an email about the ADV 150. At first I thought it was a new scooter, improved SH150i for the US market.

Then I saw it on their website:

https://powersports.honda.com/street/sc ... id=AT10520

I was sooo disappointed. No deck. No rear cargo rack.

Honda is calling it a scooter, but If it doesn't have a deck, it's not a scooter, period.

The deck is a wonderful thing; I use it to carry all sorts of stuff on my SH150i.

Honda went in the wrong direction on this one. They should make an improved SH150i with a bigger deck (one that can take a milk crate, the defacto cargo bin of scooters).

Other true improvements I'd love to see: Rear disc brake, foldable foot rests for both front and rear riders (front foot rest for when I'm carrying stuff on the deck), and a larger gas tank for improved range.

Honda, do you monitor this forum? I hope so!

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Fri May 01, 2020 6:23 am

I'd gladly trade a flat deck and cargo rack/top box for more than twice the under seat storage. This bike is made fore on/off road. So why would you need start/stop tech. off road? My problem is that if I modify an Smax and an ADV to the max. which bike will be better in both speed/power and handling and which bike will cost more to modify.
I know that if I want more speed/power, I can buy a bigger bike. I think it will be fun to modify a bike (BBK, variator, clutch etc.) and it will still get better MPG than my BV350's but the wrenching will be fun!
Still looks better than any flat deck scooter and a top box on any bike scream's SCOOTER :roll: