Welcome to SHcooter.com

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
duderiffic
Admin

Welcome to SHcooter.com

Post by duderiffic » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Hello!

Welcome to SHcooter.com - a place to discuss the Honda SH150 - as this bike rolls out this summer there will certainly be a surge of interest and hopefully we can all share experiences about the SH.

Test rides?
Dealer experience?
Pricing?
Ownership?

Again, welcome to SHcooter.com. :D

-Jeff

smorris

Re: Welcome to SHcooter.com

Post by smorris » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Good luck with the new forum, Jeff. If my local deler gets some SH-150s this summer and offers a test ride, I'll give it a go ahd let you know my impression. This bike is gonna be a big seller for Honda, even at the premium price point.

Thanks for the new forum!
Steve

duderiffic
Admin

Post by duderiffic » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Yea- well now that all the Honda bikes are more expensive the price of the SH150 doesn't seem outrageous in Honda's lineup- but the real question is how it will stack up against the competition.

There are a lot of bikes in this space (1XXcc) that are a lot cheaper or have more lore. You have the right idea- I'm hoping to get to ride one myself soon.

smorris

Post by smorris » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:25 am

I've posted links to here on a couple of other forums. It would be great that this site builds membership before someone else starts an SH specific site. Have you searched for non-US based SH forums, since it has been available elsewhere for many years. Maybe there are US folks hanging out there waiting for something like this forum to appear.

Best part about SHcooter, is that our IT department hasn't blocked it yet. I'll make sure I'm only on during lunch and see how long before it gets added to the disallowed list. A bicycle forum I was on for about 20 seconds during the morning last week was blocked by that same day's lunch time...

duderiffic
Admin

Post by duderiffic » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:40 am

You need a proxy server. :)

Does your IT block remote desktop? (port 3389?) that would be another option.

Do you have XP Professional or Vista Business or Ultimate at home?

It is time to outsmart IT Steve. :)

smorris

Post by smorris » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:31 pm

duderiffic wrote:1 - You need a proxy server. :)

1.5 - Does your IT block remote desktop? (port 3389?) that would be another option.

2 - Do you have XP Professional or Vista Business or Ultimate at home?

3 -It is time to outsmart IT Steve. :)
1 - WTF are you talking about!! :?

2 - At home: Mac OS 10.5 (and Win XP Pro under Boot Camp for running Solid Edge) Work: Win XP Pro

3 - See reply #1 ;)

duderiffic
Admin

Post by duderiffic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:48 am

Okay- well I can't fix your Mac "problem" - ask that skinny hip kid in the ads - I'm a fat dorky PC guy.

www.hiddenvisits.com will fix your problem - but I'm not sure how sophisticated your IT is- since you work in CAD/Structural engineering are you paid hourly or something?

smorris

Post by smorris » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 am

duderiffic wrote: since you work in CAD/Structural engineering are you paid hourly or something?
Nah, I'm salary. It's just the big corporate megolithic Emerson Electric edict to all divisions, Which RIDGID is part of.

BTW, Hidden Visits is blocked. :)

duderiffic
Admin

Post by duderiffic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:16 am

Those devils!