SH150i Recall - Turn Signal Lenses and Mounting Screws

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Fryderyk

SH150i Recall - Turn Signal Lenses and Mounting Screws

Post by Fryderyk » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:25 am

I just got a notice that there is a recall on the turn signal lenses and turn signal mounting screws. So far I haven't had any trouble with mine. Very minor recall, no big deal as far as I am concerned.

I plan on having the parts shipped to me(don't know if they allow that) and putting the new ones on myself.

Just thought I would let you all know.

DewaltDakota

Re: SH150i Recall - Turn Signal Lenses and Mounting Screws

Post by DewaltDakota » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 pm

I've always seen any type of recall, require the dealership to replace the parts themselves, and return the defective parts to the manufacturer.

I rode by yesterday, and had mine swapped out. Two screws, two lenses, and less than five minutes later, it was done.

The original issue, is that apparently some screws had some sort of thread locker added to them, causing the plastic in the lens to melt/weaken, and resulting in cracks at the mounting point. There's nothing changing with the lens or screw design. They're just eliminating the thread lock, and not taking any chances that existing lenses were goofed up.
Last edited by DewaltDakota on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barbara Jo (BJ)
2008 Burgman 400 (red) & 2009 Burgman 400 (grey)

Jay

Re: SH150i Recall - Turn Signal Lenses and Mounting Screws

Post by Jay » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:27 am

DewaltDakota wrote: I rode by yesterday, and had mine swapped out. Two screws, two lenses, and less than five minutes later, it was done.
Thanks for the update. I assume that any scooter purchased after the recall was issued will have had the work already done on it.

I wonder if this recall affects SH150is sold in Canada?
Jay
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada