How many helmets do you see??

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
strkngfang

How many helmets do you see??

Post by strkngfang » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:54 am

I live in Ohio, near Cincinnati and we are a "no helmet required" state, which I've never figured out because we are still one of the only states that still require a front license plate on a car, which is more important??
Anyway, the norm for Ohio is "the bigger the bike, the less the clothes". 80% of scooterists have helmets & jackets, large motorcyclists many wear t shirts, shorts, ball caps and sometimes even "flip flops". That freedom persona they like isn't going to matter when "road rash" or skull fractures set in. Not a risk I'm willing to take, even if its not the most comfortable.
Dan
2010 SH150i & Elite 110

SilverBolt

Re: How many helmets do you see??

Post by SilverBolt » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:33 pm

We don't have a helmet law here on PA if you have a MC license. If you ride a under 50cc scooter and don't have a MC license you must wear a helmet. Anything over 50cc you must have the MC license. I'd say most riders I see around here use helmets but there is still a large group who don't. I've been riding for almost 30 years and I always wear one. It was a promise I made to my wife.

scootzilla

Post by scootzilla » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Here in Arizona there still is no helmet law. But my small town is right next to a military base and they have a strict helmet and body reflector law.
About 75% of riders out here are military so just about everyone here wears helmets and bright yellow vest.
Sit back and relax

DewaltDakota

Post by DewaltDakota » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:40 am

In Virginia, we're required to wear a helmet. The only ones you see without one, are those from out of state, and they're usually stopped on the side of the road, with blue lights flashing behind them.
Barbara Jo (BJ)
2008 Burgman 400 (red) & 2009 Burgman 400 (grey)

Renegade

Post by Renegade » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 am

Everyone in Ga./Tn. due to law. I was in Philly a couple weeks ago and I was amazed at the dumbbutts riding through that crazy traffic with no helmet or eye protection. Amazing.

SH150i and Harley 883 Iron

strkngfang

Post by strkngfang » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Ohio, if you have any protection on then you stick out like a sore thumb. Shorts, caps & t shirts are the official "big bike" apparel for here. There was a crotch rocket wreck involving two 20 yr olds going 100mph through a neighborhood, lost control and the road rash was so bad that their t shirt and shorts were imprinted on their skin. THey were initially alive but I don't know if they are now. The GSX-R wasn't even recognizable.
Dan
2010 SH150i & Elite 110