First (small) mod done

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
robber57
Admin

First (small) mod done

Post by robber57 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm

I have done my first small modification at my SH.
In the weekend i ride it with my son and he's 8 yo and although he's quite tall for his age he couldn't reach the passenger steps (you call them pillion's ?), so a small mod had to be done.

At first i tried to make complete new brackets but after gathering the material and disassembly of the originals i reconsidered, did a online check for the price of 2 new brackets and ordered them (€ 18,- each).
A week later they arrived and started again but now using the new brackets as "donor".
basically; I cut off the steel part which holds the foot peg and tig-welded a stainless extension tube in between.
P1000481.JPG
(the blue thing is the camera pouch)
P1000485.JPG
P1000488.JPG
I must say: it doesn't deserve a price for beauty but it works and was the only thing i could think of to solve the problem and junior is now unstoppable, every morning he asks if we are going to ride the SH 8-)

Next mod: lights!, i already bought a Philips XPmoto H4 bulb

They are supposed to be the best H4 bulbs money can buy(palladium coated top,two color beam,special gas at ultra high pressure,very close tolerances on the filament) and although it performs outstanding (for a H4 bulb) i want more.
Reconsidering my purchase: its a very good bulb but also quite expensive , i paid €22,- retail for it , online you may find them at €17,- which is still a lot of money for a H4 bulb, through in an extra 20 euro and you can buy a bi-xenon kit, not Philips quality, these start at aprox. €170,-.

So i am in the process of buying a bi-xenon HID kit (a cheap one €45,-) when it arrives i will update and will try to give you a report how it performs , i hope i will be able to shoot some photos of the light output and beam...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

Gripper

Re: First (small) mod done

Post by Gripper » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:06 am

Good handy work! I'm interested to know what you think of your HID conversion. My might be tempted to do that one myself.

Paul
Paul
2010 SH150i (Black)

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:15 am

The HID kit came today.
It looks well build, the "manual" is of known Chinese quality (google translated to english) but there are no real issues , basically connect red and black to the battery en blue and white to the former H4 leads for high/low beam.
I tested it on a battery and it works and gives a bright , painful to your eyes, light.

I am out of time till saterday so i will do the conversion in the weekend, tomorrow i will try to make photos of the old H4 beam so i will have some reference.
Unfortunately it is real autumn weather over here with a lot of rain so i hope i will find a dry spot to test...

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:13 pm

I have done the conversion and opened a new topic on it: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=554