SH150i sales

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
ThatScooterGuy

SH150i sales

Post by ThatScooterGuy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 pm

I get a publication called Powersports Business. It's a trade journal for folks in the motorcycle/scooter biz. This month's issue had stats on scooter sales. They collected info on new vehicle registrations from the 50 states and broke it down by scooter model and region. The top ten best sellers were listed for each of the five US regions.

Overall the SH150i tied for tenth place with the Honda NPS50S Ruckus. They both had 83 new registrations nationwide that month. I'm not sure how the NPS50S differs from the NPS50, but the later came in sixth overall.

By region the SH scored outside the top ten in the West, the Midwest, and the Northeast. It came in seventh in the Southwest and the Southeast.

Looking at the data, I only see the Japanese brands and Vespa. I'm not sure if the researchers overlooked (intentionally or unintentionally) other brands. I can't imagine that SYM, Kymco and Genuine are doing so poorly that they couldn't crack into the top ten somewhere. If the data does include these other brands, it really isn't a bad debut for the SH. There are about a hundred different models of scooters out there, and many provide alot of quality for lower prices than the SH.

The number one selling scooter in the snapshot month was the Yamaha Zuma 125 with 290 new vehicle registrations nationwide.

eggman

Re: SH150i sales

Post by eggman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:47 pm

Howdy,

Wouldn't surprise me if the Sh150i's popularity in the U.S. takes off-if gas prices stay on thier current trajectory. Of course, supply won't be able to keep up with demand in that event, since no new '11 models are coming. 2011 could easily be a repeat of 2008 with respect to gas prices, IMHO.