Coldest Day Riding?

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
IntlRunner
Staff

Coldest Day Riding?

Post by IntlRunner » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:47 am

Now that one of the coldest winters is coming to an end, time to start thinking more about our SH. So just curious how many rode through the wnter and what was the coldest day. For me it was 2 F, as the forecast the night before said it eould be 10, but when I got to work I was thinking it was cold, found out it was only 2 :cry: . On days like that one, hand guards would have been nice and I am sure the SH was not happy those mornings.
2008 Honda ST1300
2010 Honda Sh150i

Mikey

Re: Coldest Day Riding?

Post by Mikey » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 am

The coldest for me was 32 F. leaving Wawa Ontario Memorial day weekend. I had a gerbings heated vest, gloves and heated grips on my ST1100. Riding cold is not fun. Last Memorial day left Chicago and drove in the cold rain till Grand Rapids MI. Not fun.
Anyhow it has been a pretty brutal winter here in Chicagoland. Lots of snow left on the ground. I dont see me getting my scooter out till mid-April. Looking forward to trying out my new seat.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:15 pm

This winter has been a wash for riding. My riding jacket is still draped over the chair ready to go, from ~ 2 months ago. I wear my riding gloves to trudge through the snow out to the mail box, and that's my thrill for the day. I thought I was some kinda bad-ass riding throughout most of the last two winters and then Reality came along and tuned me up.....
Can hardly remember but the last time I rode it was in the upper 20's and then all the snow put the kibosh on that. Anything above freezing is "pleasure" riding; below is strictly business. The next ride (soon I hope) is going to be better than "make up sex"!
Still have about a foot of snow blocking my happy egress from my fortress of solitude and it looks like this frozen water is in no hurry to be gone, though I sense a certain relief that the end is in sight.....
Think I'll go view Robbers video of him out gawking at all the dykes. Almost like riding-vicarious thrills...
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:27 pm

I work in St Louis Mo, US, I have driven at -20 ° Fahrenheit.

I have also driven to work on a sheet of ice. No problems.

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:00 am

Yeahh i bet :lol:
:mrgreen:

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:06 am

But it wasn't on highway. 9 miles to work but it was scary. Until I got to work and it just got there. Did not slip. Of course I didn't try to either.