SH150i Life Span

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
jergrande

SH150i Life Span

Post by jergrande » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello,
Greetings from Sunny Yuma, AZ & the perfect time of year for riding 8-) . Unfortunately, my scoot is down again :oops: with what seems to be electrical problems again. I just wanted to throw this question out to the SHcooter community: What is the average life span of the 2010 SH150i? I bought mine used, with 1500 mls about 2 years ago.(Jan 4 will be my 2yr anv for riding). I ride the scooter mainly for commuting back & forth to work & occasional trips around down. My average day is 28 mls round trip @ 55mph. I just put 13700 miles on the scooter. Engine wise everything seems to be running fine. My problems, so far, have all been electrical.
Like I said, I just wanted to get an idea of how long these scooters have lasted with other riders & if I have a future left with this one. I still love it :D
Thanks & Happy New Year

TommyXP
Staff

Re: SH150i Life Span

Post by TommyXP » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:25 am

Sorry to hear about your electrical annoyance. What kind of symptoms is the bike displaying?
Some insignificant connector or connection might be causing an unjustified doom and gloom scenario towards a machine that IMHO you can use till the wheels fall off.

Nothing can be as frustrating as electrical problems because the solution must be sought-out first mentally and then physically (most times), and 99% of the time once the problem is determined, one is amazed how simple the solution is, considering the vast mental forces martialed to the task.

Something to do with operating within the world of Seen and Un-Seen and our in-born reluctance to push our Thinking beyound its cozy borders and then Knowing that the problem can/will be resolved (Faith).
We are unique creatures that prefer to resolve our issues in either one dimension or the other (lazy), and the electrical realm 'tries' us most because till this day we do not know what 'electricity' IS, but can harness it, and not very efficiently IMHO.
And though it be the source of all living/inert matter and the entire manifestation of the Universe, the 'trick' is not to let this awareness overwhelm ones indomitable (once realized) Spirit and 'fix' the darn thing.

Here in Michigan (The Winter Wonderland!?) with present temps in the low 30's, my necessary trips to the closest food/beer store is only 10 miles away and sometimes have to push myself a little to get me out-the-door and away from the always hungry, but sooo comfortable wood-burner.
Every time though, once I am out in IT, I can't seem to find my way Home until I've cruised all my favorite haunts and vistas whilst Loving every minute of it!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

ScottWally

Re: SH150i Life Span

Post by ScottWally » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:35 pm

I have been riding an SH150i as my main commuter for the past 5 years. Over 10K miles between the 2 I've owned. Most dependable 2 wheeler I've owned. Sorry to hear about your electrical problems, no doubt someone did a modification of some kind that has had a domino effect. What kind of problem(s) are you having? I will own one of these things as long as I can ride.

SW