Bought it for a 100$

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Jeffker

Bought it for a 100$

Post by Jeffker » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:32 am

Ok I just bought this sh for 100$ it is in rough shape. Needs new ignition, wiring fir the fan is rigged, lock and latchon seat is broke. Front plastic piece is missing. But other than that I think I got one he'll of a deal! I am currently trying to get it running. The guy that sold it to me said that timing was off. Idk if he knows what he is talking about. I found Tdc and adjusted valves, New spark plug. Turn it over no start. Check valves again and loose as a goose. I know it was at tdc I saw the piston so why are the valves so loose? 're adjust valves crank no start. Has spark. Has air. Fuel? So how do I know where tdc is? There is a # 1 and 2 on the cam. Is #1 supposed to be o. Top or # 2? And how can I check to see if fuel is making its way through the fuel injector? Any way I can pull it off and see it squirt fuel? Any help would be fantabulous!

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Bought it for a 100$

Post by TommyXP » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:58 am

I can help with TDC.
After aligning the "T" mark on the flywheel with the index notch in the crankcase cover:
"The index line on the cam sprocket must be flush with the cylinder head surface, and the timing mark "1" is facing up and "2" is facing down."
If not rotate one full turn and align the "T" mark again....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

waspmike

Re: Bought it for a 100$

Post by waspmike » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Absolutely you can remove the injector and see the fuel but someone with a tad more practical experience than me will have to tell you exactly how to pull it out of the throttle body.