Almost received a performance award today......on my scooter

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Mikey

Almost received a performance award today......on my scooter

Post by Mikey » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:49 pm

I went in this morning for some overtime on my Honda SH150 scooter. I work in Itasca so I shot down Irving Park around 6:30 this morning. Next to O'hara airport the speed limit is 55 mph. I like to peg it there and open the throttle up. Next thing I know there is a Chicago cop next to me on the road matching my speed shaking his head. Turns on his lights and pulls me to the side of the road. He comes up to me and said "I caught you doing 90 mph". First off my 150 cc engine will get up to 65 mph if the wind is blowing in the right direction. I tried to explain that to him but he said he looked at his speedo and was at 85 mph before he sped up to catch me. Well, I didn't argue because I realized he did not have me on radar if he said 90 mph. He checked out my drivers license and stalled for a while and let me go. I think he was starting to feel a little silly explaining in court that he caught a scooter screaming down the road.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Almost received a performance award today......on my sco

Post by TommyXP » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:52 am

The cop just wanted to see what the hell his eyes were telling him IMHO.
Been my experience with 'people', that the SH in its static environ is just a 'scooter', but when on the road or in traffic her Spirit is that of a wonder-horse and peoples concept of a 'scooter' is ratcheted-up.
With over 30,000 miles between my 2 SH's (I put but 150 miles on my car last year and I live in the 'boonies'), each and every ride still thrills me just like the first.
Stay constantly alert and relaxed as I wish you many more trouble-free miles to come.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

SH125Paul

Re: Almost received a performance award today......on my sco

Post by SH125Paul » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Too polite to ask if he was looking at the kph ring or pressed the wrong button on his dash device? ;-) 55 mph = 88 kph