Sh150i heats up 20 mins clutch slips

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
TommyXP
Staff

Re: Sh150i heats up 20 mins clutch slips

Post by TommyXP » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:43 am

Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 am

Still cannot get it to stay clean and not slip. Driving style is not helping. Rubber gasket replaced and OEM belt and rollers didn't help.

I am down to the clutch itself. If the bell was out of round it would drag and cause the bell to move and the tire to move to move on its own, and that doesn't happen.

I don't think it is the low speed or take offs. I think it is high speed glazing, but from what?

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Mystery to me......
Weak clutch springs?
I have a hard time conceptualizing in my mind how the whole transmissiony-thing-a-ma-jig functions in Real-time.
I have an easier time PROVING that the Earth is not a sphere than properly visually this......
You'll get it yet.........

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 pm

You mean if you avoid science, lol.

I understand it, but it bothers me.

I am going to take off the belt/cvt housing, run scooter, listen. See if something makes extra noise.

Then take off the clutch and disassemble it and clean and lube it and check service limits compared to the service manual.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:07 pm

I didn't want to do that

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:04 pm

I did replace the OEM rollers with my Dr pulley sliders again. NO problems with them. Clutch doesn't slip as much either. Not exactly sure why, don't care. I'm going to wait, maybe take the bell off later of the clutch and use a Dremel bit on it to ruff up the inside. Then maybe if that doesn't fix it, I will try new clutch shoes and the bell.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:33 pm

on the ride into work whole bunch of slider roller chatter variator I said you know what f*** this s*** I'm going to take everything apart I'm going to clean everything and put everything back the way it was OEM everything you know, put it all back together. Lube it all a little, inner part of the clutch putting back together. I said you know what my brakes are acting funny let me check that side too. I go to take off the Muffler I forgot to tighten a bolt, that fell off. Then the nut for the rim and it just spins off. He stripped the Nut (luckily not the threaded bolt the rim sits on). So now I gotta buy one of those and the rim was loose so that messed up my new brakes. So I gotta buy those too and I can't go there and scream and yell at him because he doesn't know what he is doing because I don't have any idea where there nearest Honda dealership is and I will need more parts eventually.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:00 am

Wow! I am speechless......
You have entered the Twilight Zone.
I am in favor of getting back to basics......
BTW, be sure to use a new exhaust gasket on the muffler each time it is removed. It is a "compression" gasket.
Stick with it, keep the Faith, you will succeed. Nothing happens without purpose.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:59 am

I tried to use a new one every time and it won't allow me. There is something welded to muffler that doesn't allow anything else in there.

:shock:

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 pm

So got new tire installed, got back on road, roughed up clutch faces, and the clutch Bell itself. Used a drill and plastic disc. Really helped.

I have a question now about the variator boss face. This is the bushing or metal sleeve the variator sits on. Is this reversible?

Mine is not. I feel like mine use to be.
also, should the belt slap around? It's new. I took cover off. Ran scooter and the belt just gets to moving around.

Could the boss face do this?