Fuel Economy

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
NADman

Fuel Economy

Post by NADman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:03 pm

I filled my tank this morning (always to the 'bar') and as always it took 4.5L to go 160Km.
All city driving with a bit of it at 80-90Kph.
I definitely do not baby, or hold back this scoot.
I also use the front brake a LOT more than the rear because it's
easier to change the pucks than the shoes.
Still haven't installed the new drive belt and rollers I bought
last summer. Only 2 mo. of summer left here.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Fuel Economy

Post by TommyXP » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:59 pm

How many miles on the bike?
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

NADman

Post by NADman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:26 am

TommyXP wrote:How many miles on the bike?
17,000km

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:21 am

I no longer pay much attention to the fuel economy as I KNOW it is good, and my attention would be aroused IF the 'trip-indicator' read less than ~120miles when the guage was in the RED......
I most always use only the front brake too, and for your same reason.
The only time I use the rear is to demonstrate (to the astonishment of others), of how quickly and in the shortest possible distance I can get off of a high-speed highway while doing 60mph.....No 'sitting or slow-duck' I be.....

I see you are a hardy-rider (Winnipeg!), especially by your generous allocation to 'summer' of two more months!
I notice your night-time temps are already dipping into the 40's.......I allow myself the luxury of helmet when it gets below 50°......
Thinking: For dedicated 'riders' their are only 2 seasons and the harsher one, conditions permitting, doesn't forbid or close the Road to the valiant-Hearted; this-side of death or permanent disability.......

I would gladly trade these many 80°+ days for anything just above 32°.......There is really nothing one can do about the HEAT, but one can be perfectly comfortable when properly attired during the 'cooler' portion of our Northern-year.....

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:33 am

Now in summer i am doing over a 100 MPG 8-) but i dont push the bike at all and i nearly never have to use the brakes at all :lol:
You dont use the rear because its more difficult to change the shoes ??? :shock:
And Tommy XP (probably i have already reacted on this previously): i am always really shocked to hear when people dont use a good helmet on a motorbike :shock: :shock: :shock: and that it is even allowed to drive without a helmet but at the same time it is allowed to any stupid idiot to drive around with a shotgun in his pocket :shock: :cry:
Thanks to whatever i was born in Europe :mrgreen: ;)
Toni

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:24 am

luxroller wrote: And Tommy XP (probably i have already reacted on this previously): i am always really shocked to hear when people dont use a good helmet on a motorbike :shock: :shock: :shock: and that it is even allowed to drive without a helmet but at the same time it is allowed to any stupid idiot to drive around with a shotgun in his pocket :shock: :cry:
Thanks to whatever i was born in Europe :mrgreen: ;)
Toni
I have to admit that I always feel some trepidation in admitting the Truth that I do not wear a helmet, wishing to avoid having to defend the Idea before EVERY imaginable scenario under-the-Sun, that some 'mommy-state' adherents (not you personally) might conjure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgC3SvoOJv4
And, since you mentioned it: I also often find myself 'armed' depending upon the 'neighborhood'/cultural-enclave I must needs do business in or wend my way through, just-in-case some rabid dog, meth-crazed addict or 'religious' fanatic needs to be dissuaded from harming the Innocent, and not so much for my own personal safety and welfare which is already 'written-in-the-stars' and I am comfortable to bare-handed, fearlessly serve that; as Fate shall dictate.
The legal requirements necessary for one being able to legally 'carry' are quite robust and a FREE, 'polite' society is quite well protected and at-ease when those strictures are met, especially within an unabashedly Christian Nation (regardless of what the zionist press/media would have you think otherwise, IF at all).
Do realize, that I do not wish to 'sound' contentious or argumentative as we freely share our opinions and the roots of which our character and actions are based.
You used the term "allowed" twice in a short span of thought..... Soon, unwittingly, I fear, all your actions AND thoughts will be predicated by that term, and Europe's children will never experience the God-given right of individual choice and personal responsibility UNDER Law instead of BY Law and the whispers of a 'personal conscience'/Spirit(Holy) are shit-canned in favor of the dictates of a godless oligarchy of regimented thought.
....It is sad for me to watch the centuries-planned "new world order" continue to succeed (E.U.!) in attempting to have all of Humanity goose-stepping into line for the final culling (un-armed!). Some, as England (recently) and soon Italy, Spain and Portugal, have FINALLY deciphered 'the-writing-on-the-wall' and will be regaining the independence that those people, and especially cultures, deserve; much to the chagrin of the satanic mono-culture that ALWAYS wishes to only enslave .

Americans (not the U.S. corporation), still know the value of Freedom of Choice and the Right to Bear Arms in order to forever 'try' to keep the tyrants in check regardless of the 'pudding' they offer IF you eat your/their meat.........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs35t2xFqdU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

webbcord

Post by webbcord » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:06 pm

WoW ! :o

dgunn

Post by dgunn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:46 pm

I am consistently getting 80 mpg. I don't baby it either but I don't go far between stops and starts as I do mostly city driving. Is this in line with what other people are getting? I can't imagine getting 100 mpg unless I was rarely stopping on country roads.

As for helmets, I always laugh when parents make their kids wear one on their little bicycles riding 2 mph but they don't wear one on their pocket rocket motorcycles I agree with freedom of choice as long as I don't have to pay for someone else's bad choice. I personally think if you ride without a helmet you should have to pay more for your insurance.

ElCerritoLarry

Post by ElCerritoLarry » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:34 am

I typically get mid to low 80's mpg. Commuter (very tall) wind screen (Givi), mixed city & some freeway (55mph); and I have to climb 850 ft every trip to get back home.

313Matt

Post by 313Matt » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:52 pm

So since I am fairly new to the SH150i, I got a fuel bottle and ran it dry. Results are:

129.3 miles.
1.71 US gallons + 0.13 US gallons from my fuel bottle.
70 mpg

I guess I am a little surprised (concerned?) that my mileage is so low. My first tank was a long commute back from where I bought it, and I got 82 mpg. Next tank was 74 mpg. This is my third fill.

I have around town riding with many stop signs. I use the brakes. I am used to more power, so use 75% - 100% throttle frequently.

I think the book is incorrect about the tank capacity. I believe it is 1.8 US gallons, not 1.9.

I'll probably run it dry again and report back.

Matt
Matt
2010 SH150i US model