Fuel Economy

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
TommyXP
Staff

Re: Fuel Economy

Post by TommyXP » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:30 am

I 'kept-track' of fuel consumption long ago and it varied from +100 (few occasions), down to low 80's and never worse.
70 is just to low.....Had me wondering if your pulling a piano or took all the air out of the tires.
I know you probably handled all the obvious like plug and air filter......

Not knowing anything else, a question entered my mind that might not have to do with anything: When you turn on your ignition, do you wait for the orange light to extinguish before hitting the start button?
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

313Matt

Post by 313Matt » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:51 am

TommyXP wrote:When you turn on your ignition, do you wait for the orange light to extinguish before hitting the start button?
I was not aware that I was supposed to. So, probably sometimes yes, and sometimes no. Guess I'll start waiting.

Matt
Matt
2010 SH150i US model

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:58 am

I don't think that 'fact' is mentioned anywhere except in the most basic owners manual and its importance is not pointed out and even now I don't know how important it is. I think it allows the ECU to setup basic parameters.
Again; I do not know for certain but always wait till light is extinguished....
It would be nice to know if you begin the practice and see improvement in mpg......Good Luck.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

313Matt

Post by 313Matt » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:12 am

TommyXP wrote:I 'kept-track' of fuel consumption long ago and it varied from +100 (few occasions), down to low 80's and never worse.
70 is just to low.....Had me wondering if your pulling a piano or took all the air out of the tires.
I know you probably handled all the obvious like plug and air filter......
Yeah, switched to the Iridium plug a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if the filter is bad or not, but ordered a "Hiflofiltro HFA1112" (aftermarket OEM equivalent filter) to replace it anyway. It was driven on gravel, so that a good idea in any case.

I haven't gotten to the valve clearance check/ajustment, but I doubt it's out by much (if any) and would expect that to affect fuel efficiency.

I'll check the tire pressures again. I don't recall seeing a piano consistently in the rear view mirrors, but I'll keep an eye out....

Matt
Matt
2010 SH150i US model

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:37 pm

NADman wrote:I filled my tank this morning (always to the 'bar') and as always it took 4.5L to go 160Km.
All city driving with a bit of it at 80-90Kph.
I definitely do not baby, or hold back this scoot.
I also use the front brake a LOT more than the rear because it's
easier to change the pucks than the shoes.
Still haven't installed the new drive belt and rollers I bought
last summer. Only 2 mo. of summer left here.

That's what I get. I don't get 100 mpg. I have gotten 92. But I'm 6' 3" and 230lbs and I also try not to go to fast but I still do. Driving in the city to work and back sucks. People are too aggressive.