Honda SH300i 2015 ECU replace help..

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
KenrickV

Honda SH300i 2015 ECU replace help..

Post by KenrickV » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I had Honda SH300i model 2015 (it got OEM Smart Key system), my ECU PGM-FI went bad caused by rat bite wires. I had new ECU PGM-FI ordered from Honda, Does anyone know how it works? disconnect the ground cable from battery and plug ECU in? is it plug and play? please help

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Honda SH300i 2015 ECU replace help..

Post by TommyXP » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:51 am

I am uncertain but considering the number of bikes that Honda mfg's I'd assume plug and play.
Setting up the 'smart key' could be a whole other can-of-worms but I 'think' its identifying characteristics are located elsewhere and not in the ECU.
http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-techn ... rtcardkey/
Good luck and consider keeping us informed of your adventure........
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

KenrickV

Post by KenrickV » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:05 am

There are a few video show how to program the FOB keys on youtube, I have no problem with it, what I don't know how new ECU PGM-FI works on this scooter. I hope that I could get help before it arriving.

KenrickV

Post by KenrickV » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi everyone,
These are steps to install new ECU for anyone get into problem like me, don't expect to get help over the phone by Honda tech support.
1. Disconnect ground battery
2. Install new ECU
3. Turn key to neutral position (not lock position)
4. Turn FOB key off (red) if you have 2 FOB keys turn them both off.
5. Turn FOB key on (green), at this time key knob will give 4 flash light, new ECU will learn the key code.
6. Turn key knob on and start the engine and let it idle for 5 min then turn engine off.
7. Disconnect MAF sensor connector and wait about a minute to connect it. If your scooter ilde and run smoth you can skip this step. Start the engine and drive your scooter around to check
8. If scooter still not running smoth, ECU need to learn TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). Turn throttle to max position, turn key knob on wait for 10s and turn off, repeat this one more time. Release throttle to min position turn key knob on/off. Start your engine. Enjoy your scooter.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:46 am

Thank you Kenrick V for taking the time to memorialize this procedure here and saving some other frustrated soul who might not have the wherewithal and tenacity to prize-out this little gem of information; especially as manufactures raid their tech-support departments thinking it is of more value to them to have personnel moved to an assembly-line and screwing those little caps on the end of tire stems then helping some already captured consumer......
Sorry we couldn't offer any assistance here and thanks again for helping yourself and sharing.....
Peace
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.