OK, new problem, rear tire moves at idle on stand

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
TommyXP
Staff

Re: OK, new problem, rear tire moves at idle on stand

Post by TommyXP » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:52 am

The time before replacing my present rollers, I disassembled to take a look at the rollers. When re-assembling the vario, I didn't like the idea of putting the 'boss' on the shaft all clean and "dry" and put the slightest bit of lube upon the shaft and boss. I put in on and rubbed it off so that just a hint remained to "protect the metal"; I thought....
It resulted in slippage upon acceleration....Took it apart again and cleaned it up 'dry' and put it back together with 44 ft lb of torque on the drive face pulley, with a drop of oil on the nut as called for in the manual......No slippage since. Stock rollers.
Live and Learn......
I have a ⅜" (inch-lbs) and a ½" (ft.-lbs) torque wrench too. A while back when replacing the left crankcase cover that calls for 7 ft. lbs of torque on the 5 bolts, I had to convert from ft.lbs to in.lbs. to use the smaller torque wrench.
I mistakenly multiplied '7' by '16' (lb) = 112 in.lbs.....Instead of '7' X '12' (ft) = 84 in.lbs......The seemingly slight difference ended up breaking a bolt off!
Also, at the Time, I was extremely frustrated by putting the cover and the gasket back on, because of the now missing (removed) left passenger foot-rest which makes putting the cover and gasket on a breeze.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:03 pm

Funny, I bent mine out of the way to help get the gasket and case back on easier.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:23 am

I used to too........Swiveling it 'somewhat' out of the way is no comparison to the ease experienced of throwing the thing in the trash IMO.....I should take a patent out on it.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:59 pm

OK, replaced the OEM springs, installed 14 gram skidders. Cannot wait to test it out.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:46 pm

OK, test drive completed. I got it to 65mph. I look forward to a non cold non windy day to test again. RPM's are lower. It's nice and quiet. Take off from light is slower but I'm not a speed demon. I want more gas mileage.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:09 am

Don't worry; be Happy!