Helmet lock for SH150i?

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
313Matt

Helmet lock for SH150i?

Post by 313Matt » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Anyone put a helmet lock on an SH150i?

I wear a 3/4 or full face helmet and it doesn't fit below the seat. I can put it in the top box, but the (Givi) top box is rattly when it is empty, so I usually leave it in the garage.

What was your solution?

TIA
Matt
2010 SH150i US model

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Helmet lock for SH150i?

Post by TommyXP » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:23 pm

If you open-wide the seat, right at the very front, by the hinge, you will notice 2 posts on either side that are intended for one to put the D-ring of your helmet over and then close and lock the seat; which would then allow the helmet to perfectly fill with snow and water; unless it was shielded by being under the protection of the Turcano Urbano 'scud' I joyously use every Winter. Similar →
http://www.tucanourbano.com/int/leg-cov ... -r177.html
Lucky for us, any dimwitted fool with the capacity to steal, doesn't have the capacity to imagine that a helmet strap that has been cut, can also be replaced, and they would deem it as being 'ruined' forever and then would see no other alternative but to use the 'blade' on you and just take your keys!

Only in the Winter do I use a full helmet that has a flip down clear visor that I am ever paranoid about scratching, even though I have never flipped it down yet, no matter how cold as I don't appreciate the additional obscurity it imposes.

The helmet fits easily in the 44qt Givi case when I have to leave the bike to attend to business.
As seldom as I use a helmet, I am either wearing it or I am not out riding in 'sh*tty' weather......I have yet to ride with a helmet in the trunk (and after 5 years, the visor has remarkably less than a hundred scratches on it. Like NEW!), and that doesn't count the WW1 leather aviators helmet that is scrunched down under the seat beneath the rain-gear, ever full flask and extra magazines of various caliber ;) incase the EBT machines should go down.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

313Matt

Re: Helmet lock for SH150i?

Post by 313Matt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:56 am

TommyXP wrote:If you open-wide the seat, right at the very front, by the hinge, you will notice 2 posts on either side that are intended for one to put the D-ring of your helmet over and then close and lock the seat;
I figured it was a Honda and it definitely had a helmet lock, but couldn't find it. Thanks for pointing it out!

Matt
Matt
2010 SH150i US model