Left Crankcase Cover.....

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
TommyXP
Staff

Left Crankcase Cover.....

Post by TommyXP » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:57 am

This cover is probably the most frequently taken on and off than anything else. It also has the little air filter on it that is soooo difficult to get at......
After sweating, swearing and torturing myself over the years, I finally came to my senses and made my Life sooo very much easier and a difficult task one of pleasure and ease.

I finally said: F*ck that left passenger foot-rest and removed it permanently from my now Wonderful Life!
I NEVER ride 2-up unless in an emergency or being 'helpful', and anyways, there is still a good sized 'lip' where a passenger could tolerate a slight inconvenience for a short while; in other words: no standing up and howling with delight to be splitting the Wind with the one you Love.....

Why I didn't do this from the get-go is inexplicable and I've paid dearly for this over-sight.
Even after loosening the foot-rest and pivoting it slightly out-of-the-way (as far as it would go), that front little bolt on air cleaner cover was still a S.O.B. to get at and putting the crankcase cover and its gasket back on was a multi-attempt fiasco because of 'stupid' limited clearance (damn foot-rest!) and one could feel the boiling frustration that at any moment could break-out into a full-blown destructive BEZERKO!(loss of all self control in a fit of RAGE.)

Now the screws for the filter cover are "right there" in front of you and the cover goes on and off with the ease of opening and closing the cooler-door for another fist-full of beers!
I am also on the verge of carving the plastic away along the contour, so that I can see those 2 little screws on the filter cover from a block away!

I'm going to have a little ceremony and deep-six this lil' sucker from the heights of The Blue Water Bridge (where mighty Lake Huron furiously funnels/boils into the St. Clair River) and every time I again see that bridge,another warm memory will sweep me away.
FREE! FREE AT LAST!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PNc9KN50M
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.