How cold will you ride?

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
TommyXP
Staff

Re: How cold will you ride?

Post by TommyXP » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:21 am

Did 36 miles @ 36° yesterday, knowing that it was probably the last 'warm' day for a few months...
Enjoy the fresh air.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

313Matt

Post by 313Matt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:11 am

Anyone using one of the Tucano Urbano Termoscud leg covers? I saw them on scooters in Europe frequently, but don't see them used here in the US much. (Of course, I don't see many/any winter riding scooters here in the US...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leg-Lap-Apron-C ... zO&vxp=mtr
Matt
2010 SH150i US model

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:04 am

I've been using the Tucano for many years now.... If there isn't any snow on the roads, I use the SH as I would at any other time-of-year.....After riding @10° last week, anything now in the 30's 'actually' feels like summer.

The Tucano is extremely efficient in protecting the lower ½ of your body from feeling any cold/wind. It actually captures some of the radiator heat escaping from the left and right vents, and regardless of the outdoor temp, it is always at least +10° warmer under the cover (have a thermometer on my key-ring).

The e-bay price looks fantastic, compared to what I recollect paying (w/shipping) the mfg'r.....
I notice its is listed for 2008......Don't know, but be sure to check the model # with the mfg'r to make sure it will fit your year.
I highly recommend it for temps below ~45° and it goes on and comes off in a few moments time.
Pure luxury......

313Matt

Post by 313Matt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:25 am

Tommy - yeah, that looks like it was the wrong one. R079 fits the 2009 (MY 2010) SH125 and SH150i.

Found one for (with exchange rates and shipping comes to) $110, but there might be some exchange fees that need to be added on. Thinking about this for the short rides I do these days. I don't like putting on my (insulated and crash protection riding) pants. On the other hand, do I really need this? On the third hand, I could be hipster cool like the Europeans. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TUCANO-URBANO-T ... SwHjNV9~R3

Here is one in USD for $137.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leg-Lap-Apron-C ... 9i&vxp=mtr

You can find the fitment here:
http://www.tucanourbano.com/eu/termoscudr-9092.html

I suppose I should have started a new thread for this. Ewps.
Matt
2010 SH150i US model

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:12 am

Triple check the model # as there are many......be wary.
I went to the mfg'r website and and searched "sh150" and it gives a model # of R064 (for sh300) and says "until 2010"??? Does that include 2010?????:
http://www.tucanourbano.com/int/termoscudr-9077.html

I remember having this same difficulty....Many will fit, but not as well...Do your homework.
It comes with a 'bib' that is intended to loop around your head and protect your front and stores underneath
'folded' when not in use....I never used it and cut it off....There are also two inflatable tubes on the sides to prevent flapping. They lasted a couple years holding air and I never noticed much difference since......

Do you need this? No, BUT if you want to extend your riding-season in comfort, think about it.
Personally, I never consider what others are doing or how it 'looks' when it comes to items that I find of useful utility......
Good Luck......and Hail to the New Chief!

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 am

This is mine :mrgreen:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Beinschutz-Scoot ... M#shpCntId
They ship also to the US.

It is now minus ten degrees celcius in the morning and i still go to work every day with my SH: no problem because its dry and sunny (but people think i am crazy).
The thing covers the legs imho like the tucano and is a lot smaller and lighter (and cheaper) but i wear also thick rain pants...I had a tucano and it covers half of the moped :( I never noticed any warm air coming out of the little side air vents...
Toni

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:08 am

luxroller wrote: I never noticed any warm air coming out of the little side air vents...
Toni
Did you have a thermometer on your ignition key? .....I specifically checked it a number of times and it is so...~10° or more, always.
Though it really doesn't make any large noticeable difference as your lower torso is warmer just by having the wind off of them.....
People think I'm 'cage-free' crazy too and I like it....They have no idea what they are missing anyways....
Keep it up Luxroller and stay as safe as your comfortable with.......

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:32 pm

TommyXP wrote: People think I'm 'cage-free' crazy too and I like it....They have no idea what they are missing anyways....
Keep it up Luxroller and stay as safe as your comfortable with.......
;)
If you or anyone is on facebook find me: anton schlimbach