HELP, my SH 125 is the loudest scooter i ever had

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
schmidttnms

HELP, my SH 125 is the loudest scooter i ever had

Post by schmidttnms » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:16 pm

starting at around 60 km/h the engine (or exhaust?) is soo loud that it's really painful. Have a Kymco people S125 that is not that noisy, i also had a Yamaha Cygnus some yrs ago; it was also also very quiet; i am really down and disppointed from the Honda. Have read ton of magazines and tests....thought the SH is the best possible buy. I have the big windshield mounted...may this reflect and concentrate the noise from the engine??
I do not want to scoot with ear plugs :(

help...is there something wrong with my SH?

cheers

Thomas

TommyXP
Staff

Re: HELP, my SH 125 is the loudest scooter i ever had

Post by TommyXP » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:26 am

Speaking from the standpoint of the 2010 SH150: it is the quietest of any ride my ears have had contact with.
Could the baffle/insert be missing from your muffler? I would definitly present this issue to the dealer/retailer and suspect they will hopefully easily resolve the issue.
Even if one had hyper-sensitive hearing, I cannot imagine your experience even then.....Thomas
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

hdsteal

Post by hdsteal » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:51 am

TommyXP wrote:Speaking from the standpoint of the 2010 SH150: it is the quietest of any ride my ears have had contact with.
Could the baffle/insert be missing from your muffler? I would definitly present this issue to the dealer/retailer and suspect they will hopefully easily resolve the issue.
Even if one had hyper-sensitive hearing, I cannot imagine your experience even then.....Thomas
+1 on that, Honda scoots are very quiet in general from what I've ridden (from 125-650cc) in the past.
My Burgy 400 (which I'm selling) makes much more noise.
150i

schmidttnms

Post by schmidttnms » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:30 pm

THX for your opinions....guess i have to contact a Honda representative...
All my Honda's before were superb...except this one....i'll post here what will happen :-)

greetings from Germany

Thomas