Working on the Scoot

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
hdsteal

Working on the Scoot

Post by hdsteal » Sat May 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Well the new to me 150 had some rough edges when I bought it. Previous owner had done some
minor sliding of some type w/it. Obvious on L side wind.shield & front fairing/cover. Cut some of the shield
down, bit of rash remains. May buff it a bit later. Plastic had small crack very hard to see. Did some
gluing (internally) so that's done. "Biggest" issue was/is the L side grey plastic piece that sits off center
on the front fairing/cover. Of the 3 plastic "brackets" all 3 were broken off. Only able to fix 1 so did some
duct tape internally to keep the plastic in place w/the rest of the fairing. Between the tape & 1 fix it's pretty flush. See how long it holds. Did some EB looking but just rear panels listed, so will be keeping eye out for a
front cover. :D
Still enjoy the ride
150i

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Working on the Scoot

Post by TommyXP » Sun May 07, 2017 4:36 am

I assume you checked that 'recent' listing in the Forums own Buy/Sell/Trade for fairings....
My 'Winter' SH is looking 'ratty' as ever, caked with mud and grime from the less traveled roads that I am drawn to. Soon I hope to clean Her up and detail her when I break-out the 'Summer' SH; not for appearances sake but to force myself to get a good visual inspection of every nook and cranny. All my vehicles are allowed to deteriorate quite naturally as I know appearances are deceptive but underneath the mechanics are kept to the best of my limited abilities.
The day will come when I too, without a second thought, will be breaking out the tape and continue putting around with a big shit-eating-grin on my face.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

hdsteal

Re: Working on the Scoot

Post by hdsteal » Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

I actually didn't :oops:
I'm on it now-thanks
150i