Scooter theft .. IMPORTANT to read

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Gavin101

Scooter theft .. IMPORTANT to read

Post by Gavin101 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:16 am

In London currently there's an epidemic of Scooter theft for use in further crime such as mobile phone / bag theft. Sh300's are particularly good for this as they are agile and relatively powerful.

My scooter was recently stolen and 2 weeks later recovered and I was intrigued as to how they got it started ... On investigation they force and break the steering lock, smash the front panel, break the starter unit off the ignition lock. then force down the rear mudguard remove the ecu put their own ecu in place with a matching key in the now broken ignition turn the starter unit with a screw driver and they're off.

This can be done in a few minutes ... So always physically lock your scooter with the biggest chain you can get ... beyond that I'm not sure what else to suggest.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Scooter theft .. IMPORTANT to read

Post by TommyXP » Mon May 08, 2017 5:18 am

Thanks for the info.
Sorry your was stolen and glad you got it back.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Mikey

Re: Scooter theft .. IMPORTANT to read

Post by Mikey » Mon May 15, 2017 4:36 am

I saw a Youtube video from the showing how easy it is to break the steering wheel lock on a motorcycle. They also suggested chaining it to something permanent since with a wheel lock the scooter can still be lifted into a van.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttDnMmiUdnI