SH125i Sport 2016 - Transmission whistling

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
lolo

SH125i Sport 2016 - Transmission whistling

Post by lolo » Tue May 16, 2017 11:42 am

Hello,

I have my SH125i Sport for few weeks and the scoot has around 400Km now. So it almost brand new.

I'm experiencing a very annoying whistling noise when I cut off throttle and decelerate. The scoot literally whistle, it's pretty loud @ 60 km/h and decreasing as speed decreases.

I think this absolutely not normal, even if my dealer has stated that everything was ok. This is so annoying that I start hating the scoot.

Well, have you experience such noise? What could be the source and is there any corrective action to be done?

Thank you in advance for your support

Greetings Laurent

TommyXP
Staff

Re: SH125i Sport 2016 - Transmission whistling

Post by TommyXP » Wed May 17, 2017 6:52 am

Unusual manifestation Laurent, that will be hard to analyze without being able to actually experience it for oneself.
Your apparent options of the moment appear to be:
...make a real unrelenting nuisance of yourself down at the 'stealership', eventually forcing them to invest some thought and labor into investigating this phenomenon just to be rid of you:
...or as I would suggest, continue to ride whilst un-annoyingly getting extremely familiar with the sound as to when it occurs and what you can to do modulate it; thereby narrowing the focus of thought towards a mechanical source.
Play it like an alpine horn and especially realize the importance of how few miles you have 'under your belt' with this particular pony whilst doing your homework and turning the experience to your increasing advantage with Time, by thoroughly understanding what is actually taking place down there within the gear case.
As long as or until it manifests the source in some mechanical fault (Heaven forbid) or until the 'stealership' relents, it appears you have a unique 'tone' ♫ to practice contentment with, whilst you help yourself; along with the always available - help from Above.......
Your increasing experience will also be of great aid to us dreamers as we hone-in-on and imagine the possible source.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

lolo

Post by lolo » Wed May 17, 2017 10:07 am

Thanks for your answer. Humm, well, to add on top of that noise, at constant speed the scoot produce a metallic vibration noise in the region of the front floor.

So in short this user experience is very bad and I'm so disappointed that I'm looking to get rid of this piece of junk :x :evil: :cry:

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed May 17, 2017 10:28 am

Sorry to hear that and also regret it's having induced in you such a negative vibe; the worst I heard of in all the many years here at SHcooter and so contrary to the 'norm'.
Again, I implore you, be patient and bug the hell out of the 'stealership' with these two pronounced indications. Raise a 'stink'.....
You needn't be the poster-child for the universal maxim that: Nothing is Perfect; for normally the SH is about as close as one can get IMHO......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.