SH150 observation

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Mikey

SH150 observation

Post by Mikey » Thu May 25, 2017 7:30 am

Yesterday I drove my scooter for the first time from Las Vegas out to Mt. Charleston, which is not far from where I live now. I had to fight a pretty good head wind and an elevation change from 2000 ft. to around 8500 ft. Living in Chicago previously everything was relatively flat. I had my Garmin GPS to clock my speed. Going up I could not exceed the speed limit of 45 mph full throttle. Speed limit on the road is 55 mph so I would get to the right to let vehicles pass. Going down was another story. I reached the speed of 75 mph and still had throttle left. I didn't feel comfortable going any faster and I was already 20 mph over the speed limit. The whole afternoon ride cost me 2.50 in gas .95 gallons.
My urban assault vehicle is better situated for handling city traffic. The speed limit outside of Vegas on some roads are 75 mph and I'm really out of my league.
I also put lighter Dr. Pulley weights in when I changed out my exhaust. maybe if I went with a slightly heavier weight it would improve my top end going up hill.
I really like the Piaggio BV350 but I have a car, motorcycle, scooter and two bicycles in my garage already. And pretty much everything is paid for.
Also the temperature went from 100 at my house to 70 degrees at the highest point.

ScottWally

Re: SH150 observation

Post by ScottWally » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:33 pm

My SH can easily handle 55-60mph in the foothills around Denver at altitude. I weigh about 165 and make sure I don't load up the scooter for those rides. I agree it's much more suited to urban flatter areas, hence why I ride my CB1100 when going cross country.