What can you get in your glove box

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Jimgooding

What can you get in your glove box

Post by Jimgooding » Mon May 29, 2017 1:05 am

On my new SH125 , in front of my left knee is a strange panel that Honda calls my glove box, I think I'm allowed half a kilo of load in there.
I cant get my gloves in, even my unlined summer gloves, they just wont fit.
However I've taken to storing a soft ground pad for my side stand and a pen. its a good place for the pad as if you're struggling to put the side stand down on bad ground you don't need to get off the bike, just ensure you've done you're stretches that morning. The pen, an exercise in being organised- I was organised with a brilliant little "Man bag" I bought in Spain but sadly it got damaged while I was riding the bike & it got thrown away.
Do other owners use the Glove box for unusual things or am I just a sad Brit who shouldn't park on soggy ground?

TommyXP
Staff

Re: What can you get in your glove box

Post by TommyXP » Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 am

The 2010 SH150 doesn't offer the luxurious appointments found on the 'newer' bikes that the fancy-pants 'yute' of today ;) are accustomed to, though I am never lacking for storage space when the situation demands.
Besides the 44 liter Givi top-case I use a REAL man-bag too, a WW1 canvas messenger pouch, that perfectly fits (stuffed-bulging) into the case or can be slung across the shoulders.
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Heavywe ... senger+Bag
Often I also use a pair of years-old saddle bags that temporarily get slung across the seat (that used to cost ~$40).....
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Acce ... s/10802875
Plus all the room afforded beneath the seat for this always helmet-less rider; just like Lawrence of Arabia....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/mot ... -ride.html

But best of all, was the years-ago decision to divest my 'wardrobe' of everything 'cept Cargo Pants!
Though they necessitate the wearing of heavy suspenders due to the inclusion of a .38 automatic near my side; in the event that my pony should break a leg or some other poor animal should need to be put out of its misery or politely persuaded not to interfere with my Free and Lawful progress; the multitudinous pockets always contain Life's handy accessories. When removing the pants at night, they demand a sturdy hook.

Like the American Indian of old, mine Life revolves around my "Wind Horse", as I have freed myself from every earthly thing I once deemed of import 'cept the magic-moment and the unutterable, undying Faith in the Future; come whatever may.........................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Jimgooding

Post by Jimgooding » Tue May 30, 2017 5:27 pm

I think the local Constabulary might S**t white if I started strapping a Smith & Wesson to my side, especially down in rural West Sussex, I'll just rely on Honda Assist until the warranty dies
The reason why I love the Honda is the secure storage and ability to get a 15 bottle crate of beer home , wedged between my legs; a 20 bottle bottle case is a hassle as I have to wedge the crate in one side and keep my boot pigeon toed style on rh foot plate.
I do worry about the loading weights Honda give you,3kgs for the top box. So that restricts buying bottled water from the local supermarket, my glove box has a half kilo limit but space is an issue in this area. In Spain I bought a small pack away rucksack for shopping tho when I'm buying cold canned beer I hang it between my knees , in carrier bag, as cans were getting punctured in the top box , deadly sin, because of a the numerous speed bumps at the Trailer park , where I live ,and the poor state of the British roads .
I hope it doesn't rain too much today

NADman

Post by NADman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:35 pm

I've been hauling a dozen Barley sandwiches (glass bottles) in my Honda top box for years.
Weight limits never crossed my mind.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:34 am

(top box)....I've hauled a full-size car battery of necessity and many other items that exceed that questionable small number they put on its carrying-capacity....I am thinking to believe that its rated to remain intact with a head-on collision or something.....Of course, one must ride with focused awareness of a 'load', cushion 'it' to keep it centered and not get cutesy with the throttle.
As far as hauling vast quantities of brew, which occurs less frequently as one learns to do better on ones own (mentally/physically/Spiritually - Holistically), a pony-keg wouldn't be out of the question.
Lately, for larger, cumbersome items, I've taken to the unabashed use of 'duct-tape' to rapidly secure and deploy items......
Lazy Bones
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

NADman

Post by NADman » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:47 pm

Speed bumps will definitely shake up your brewskies.