Rear brake light for sh125 abs 2013

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Paul

Rear brake light for sh125 abs 2013

Post by Paul » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Hi
Does anyone have any tips on how to change brake bulb on sh 125 I have removed the bulb maintenance lid for access .but i cannot get my fingers in to turn socket for bulb removal

Thanks
Paul

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Rear brake light for sh125 abs 2013

Post by TommyXP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:43 am

It it spring loaded. You should just have to push in and turn counter-clockwise about an 1/8 a turn.
At least that is what is necessary on the 2010 SH150.
Sometimes the base of the bulb corrodes and adheres to the socket, making removal difficult and a little penetrating oil might be in order.
I coat bulb-bases with a thin layer of petroleum jelly or silicone to prevent that.
Good Luck.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

NADman

Post by NADman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:03 pm

And-or Dielectric grease.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:20 am

Roger that.
Over the years I could never seem to locate the little tubes of dielectric-grease when I needed it and just discovered that the big jug of silicone-paste; that I have been slathering on most everything lately, is also known as dielectric-grease!
The other day, I took the front caliper off intending to FINALLY replace the front brake pads that would surely need replacing after >18,000 miles and my habit of using only front brake 95% of the time, and to my surprise it still had 'good-life' left in her....Don't know if it is due to quality pads or my tendency to grip/release, grip/release; allowing some 'cooling', rather than a constant pressure?
Sooo, rather than slapping it back together, and even though I didn't have new dust shields and o-rings, I drained the fluid and carefully dis-assembled the entire mechanism; burnished the pistons, cleaned and refilled the pin-boots with new "silicone", whilst dabbing some along the pads mounts working-edges and had everything working smoothly once again......
Also dabbed some silicone on the linkages beneath the exposed master cylinder while I was there...
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.