SH150i headlight

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Alan

SH150i headlight

Post by Alan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Just got a used SH150i.

On low beam the headlight points down so that it's OK only at very low speeds.

On high beam it seems aimed above the road.

Is this a common problem with these bikes? Maybe someone put an incorrect bulb in the headlight? Or changed the lens?

If I need to change bulbs I'd like to go LED if possible.

Thanks!

TommyXP
Staff

Re: SH150i headlight

Post by TommyXP » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 am

I don't recall ANY complaints on the headlight field of view and really doubt that you will find an incorrect bulb or a lens being changed.
There is an 'adjusting screw' which I never noticed before; but looking at the Factory Service Manual (get one!) picture, you can access the screw without removing anything. The picture shows that it is located on the right-side (left when facing it) just beneath and under the lower corner of the bottom of the headlight and accessible from the front......
Hope that works for you.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:22 am

Riding my SH150 at night the low beam does seem to stops short of my forward field of visibility I would like to have and I usually will put the brights on. They have brighter aftermarket bulbs and in my case it could just need to be adjusted up. One of my guidelines on living to be a old scooter/motorcyclist is don't drive at night.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:04 am

Yeah, driving at night you cast your fate to the wind; though some make home within well-lit cities.
I leave the 'bright' on (no traffic) and have to abandon the habit of scanning the roadway for debris and potholes and choosing the smoothest path. With no traffic, I've been finding a 'sweet-spot' right on top of the "center-line" of the roads a few inches inside 'my' lane.
My major concern is beasts and critters out for a midnight stroll with lust in their eyes suddenly appearing in my path. Always tense.
Little Beauty to be seen in darkness; well adjusted headlight or not, as we're to busy to look UP......
At dusk, I find putting on blue tinted glasses greatly extends the twilight. I am always astonished when I take them off at how dark it really is out.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:57 pm

I'll play with the adjust screw. (Just got a service manual.)

Maybe I'm spoiled by the last few years of riding a bicycle at low speeds with a really bright headlight, when I need to get about at night.

Very much agree that night travel at high speeds is best avoided!!!