Electric and Hybrid

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
SH125Paul

Electric and Hybrid

Post by SH125Paul » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:38 am

News of the new Honda PCX Electric and Hybrid reaching us here in the U of K...

As the latest versions of PCX and SH share the eSP engine, I can only hope that Honda sees sense and release the new tech in the Superior, Slimmer and Slender, Larger Wheeled, SH guise as well as the PCX...

Could be my ideal commuter - as long as it has 55ish mph and can do say 70ish miles - that would give me 2 days commute - or a reasonable jolly around the country lanes...
A real 125 contender rather than 50cc performance...
You guys are spoil with ya 'Look At Me' 150cc ;)

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Electric and Hybrid

Post by TommyXP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:05 am

I pray that Honda can continue to maintain their superior craftsmanship and engineering whilst forging ahead into these 'new' technologies.
Though I 'feel' hybrids are this present day cultures passing fad that would greatly benefit mfg'ers due to simplifying (less moving parts) production and IF they can get/trick us to accept the greatly increased weight issue and the extreme cost of total replacement of batteries at certain, soon, intervals.
But, I am looking forward to hearing and seeing more, and agree with you on the absolute necessity of maintaining the 16" wheels and wish they would just bring the 2010SH back into production as is.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 am

I'm not hearing any important stats. BMW electrics are slower than my BV's. If there was an electric scoot with the style and comfort of a BV and the acceleration of a Zero SR, I'd trade in a BV for it.
Now the bad news. Ever here of rare earth metals? Know how polluting it is to extract them? Are electric vehicles really going to save the planet?

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:45 am

Personally, IMHO, hybrid, solar and wind energies, though they have valuable 'LIMITED' uses; are being overly publicized to placate and divert the attention of the wretched mass's from the REAL, solvable issues that would cut into 'their' obscene, unconscionable profits and away from the pollution issues which you mention; that most plebes now overlook as it has been diverted to 3rd world countries after murdering their elected leaders or buying-out those that scare easily and removed from our backyards. Out of sight - Out of Mind.
The amount of tax-payer dollars 'invested'/wasted in these 'alternative' turds, like the broke-dick wind turbines that litter the scenery, MUST be wasted (also through war) to keep labor cheap and a half-starved ready workforce on hand for at least another year; maybe two, as 'They' have little use for the ol' U.S.A. any longer now that they have come to own it lock, stock and barrel............Again: IMHO
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.