2018 Europe Honda Forza

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Mikey

2018 Europe Honda Forza

Post by Mikey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 am

Anyone seen this yet? Honda has come a ways since our 2010 SH. The Forza has a 125 cc liquid cooled 4 valve engine, All LED lighting, digital dash, ABS, front and rear disc. Storage capacity under the seat fits two helmets. Holds 3 gallons of gas. Wind screen adjusts to 6 positions. Mirrors fold up and down. Only down size is weight, 350 lbs. and possibly price. Not for release in the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KABaVnfIUM

TommyXP
Staff

Re: 2018 Europe Honda Forza

Post by TommyXP » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 am

Truthfully, from my limited and always personal perspective; all I saw was excessive 'candy-coating' drenching a once fabulous idea.....IMHO, in no way does it resemble, contribute or replace the SH 150...
Watching the guy awkwardly jimmying the pathetic adjustable windscreen through its obviously feeble notches surprised me that some fool didn't edit that indication of 'cheap' out of their rap-video.
I would expect the indents to provide the same sound and surety that I feel and hear when I rack-a-round in one of my automatics. Believe me, though it is not particularly important, it is no difficult feat to accomplish.

I, as many others, prefer a real unencumbered 'step-through' and I foresee this area being continually built-up to crotch level so as to include an ABS d*ck-warmer (Xsm)....
IMHO, ABS is ridiculous on even a barely maintained car and absolutely stupid on two, simple frigging wheels. The manufacturers can keep their ABS and ALL the other frivolous 'NO CHOICE' technologies to themselves and knock many, many thousands of dollars and weight off all our necessary simple transportation's.

More negatives? Sure. Tiny wheels,,, ridiculous weight for 125cc and how many serious, constant users have need for storing 2 helmets let-alone 1???? (Said in my youth)→"Do ya gotta take your meat with you everywhere you go?" Terrible, but some were always P.W. and then, as now, we enjoyed and made a point of jokingly being politically incorrect in 'usually' unmixed company without fear.......... Rather than wear a helmet, I might as well put a steel enclosure about my bed; and stay there.......Soon, new-borns fresh outta the womb will be adorned with a helmet BEFORE they are spanked on the butt; as whats more important: breathing or protecting an empty noggin????..........
Ohhhh, folding mirrors! Can't wait until they put a bidet in the seat too! And the last thing this pudgy lil' scoot needs is an extra 12 lbs. of fuel....................
LED's have their uses but, as I see all around me, it has become the new gaudy chrome......
Digital Dash? Digital went out with the watches, where have these people been? Guages give the best indication of the status of an idea and skip the drawn out process (milli-seconds) of having to decode it numerically before acting, so me thinks.....I want an oil pressure/flow/level/temp needle and an amp-meter NEEDLE too...............

If I didn't have a couple of SH150's to compare this too and had NO OTHER CHOICE; I'd probably be impressed and riding around on one, so forgive the attitude........
If you have one or get one; there are still some buried basics to be enjoyed and appreciated....IMHO....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 am

Now are you going to tell us how you really feel? :lol:

I can see why Honda went in this direction. They want a scooter for a broad market of riders. The SH only lasted one year in the US market. I'm very glad I have one.

NADman

Post by NADman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Yeah but the "Cub" is coming. Looks great.
17 in. wheels-240 lbs. Nice simple dash.
And speaking of wheels-they are beautiful.
ABS standard-$3500. US ????
Glad to see you guys. 2 weeks in hospital and won't
be getting on 2 wheels for a while. Damn.

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2019-honda ... le-release