Time to sell the SH150?

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Mikey

Time to sell the SH150?

Post by Mikey » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 am

I came back from a 5 day motorcycle trip and decided to sell my 2012 DL650. After I sold it I was wondering if I should sell the 2010 SH150 since I mostly ride my 2016 Burgman 400 scooter. The storage capacity of the Burgman
makes it a good runner to the store. Has more wind protection then the SH150 and a front glove compartment to store my sun glasses and water. Plus I can go 70 plus on the highway.

So I got on the SH150 yesterday to drive to a friends house and I couldnt believe how smooth and quick the SH is off the line after driving the Burgman which outweighs it by almost 200 lbs. I put a new battery in this year for 25.00 from Amazon, a new spark plug and 1 qrt of full synthetic oil. Maintenance is so easy compared to the Burgman. It costs me less then $200.00 a year to insure and register it.

I decided to keep it. It's a great bike. I got more use out of it when I lived in Chicago though. I called it my urban assault vehicle. No matter how bad traffic was I could always lane split to the front and always found a parking space I could slip in between two parked cars.

Have to find more reasons to take it out of the garage this summer.

hdsteal

Re: Time to sell the SH150?

Post by hdsteal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Mikey wrote:I came back from a 5 day motorcycle trip and decided to sell my 2012 DL650. After I sold it I was wondering if I should sell the 2010 SH150 since I mostly ride my 2016 Burgman 400 scooter. The storage capacity of the Burgman
makes it a good runner to the store. Has more wind protection then the SH150 and a front glove compartment to store my sun glasses and water. Plus I can go 70 plus on the highway.

So I got on the SH150 yesterday to drive to a friends house and I couldnt believe how smooth and quick the SH is off the line after driving the Burgman which outweighs it by almost 200 lbs. I put a new battery in this year for 25.00 from Amazon, a new spark plug and 1 qrt of full synthetic oil. Maintenance is so easy compared to the Burgman. It costs me less then $200.00 a year to insure and register it.

I decided to keep it. It's a great bike. I got more use out of it when I lived in Chicago though. I called it my urban assault vehicle. No matter how bad traffic was I could always lane split to the front and always found a parking space I could slip in between two parked cars.

Have to find more reasons to take it out of the garage this summer.
Ditto, got a Burgy 650 that I triked, but the SH is still my girl
Less time each year riding both :?:
150i

SH125Paul

Post by SH125Paul » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:09 am

Got the 'lil SH as got fed up commuting on the 'Fat Arsed' Yamaha YP400 R XMax after about 3 years...
It is the tool for the job - great for errands - and a smile on a nip about...
400 gets dragged out for a ride now and again and some times take my son (11) or daughter (14) pillion.
Faster and Fun... But a Faff when on the wrong job.
Had to use the 400 for commuter duties when the Sh125 got a puncture.
All back t normal now.
SH due an Oil Change at the week end...
Spring is in the air...

I likes my 'lil SH

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 am

IMHO The SH perfectly fills the niche between too big and too small and one gets the sensation of riding upon that cusp with every lil' excuse we can find to do so. The dependability and ease of maintenance becomes even more evident year-upon-year-upon-year and renders all the other crap with which we have to tolerate within or lives even crappier (only downside!).
There was a gap of ~3-4 weeks this Winter when the snow/roads left the SH chompin'-on-the-bit in the shed while I was forced to experience the hum-drum Life of the herd by being forced into the comfort and luxury of a cage with the resulting sensation of not caring how or why I got anywhere I needed to go, and that type (1984) of meaningless, plodding existence scares the living shit outta me and has me thanking God for creating Adam & the SH, with Eve a distant 3rd (at this present point-in-Time of pussy-hat hysteria).
Hallelujah! Spring is again in the aire BUT (as wonderful as every budding thing is), it is only the physical manifestation of the Spring that springs Eternal in the very Soul of those who were fortunate enough, through the chaos, tumult and chance of this existence, to be cast upon the shores/seat (forever uncomfortable!) of a SH.......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.