Puig Traffic windscreen

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Ukebob

Re: Puig Traffic windscreen

Post by Ukebob » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:06 pm

61l9C4q+ySL._SL1400_.jpg
This is the puig I was interested in, but bought this one instead as it is the correct one for my scooter. More expensive, but I need it! Besides, I never got a reply from the Puig company asking them whether there's would fit my scoot.
Now for the long wait!

Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Looks good. I wonder how it mounts.....Be sure to hang onto the the old screen and mounts as they are sometimes highly desirable item$......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Ukebob

Post by Ukebob » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Both windscreens attach in a similar way, attached to the mirror stems by adjustable brackets.This is the one that I purchased, from a website called Motauto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 am

Nice info....Keep in mind that the left mirror has a left-handed thread; as I recall one occasion where an over zealous do-it-yourselfer broke the threads off inside the 'bar' and had to extend his learning experience into the realm that few confidently tread; which BTW, I made a bracelet out of successfully extracted victims ranging from 2-64 thru 3/8" pipe, due to a job I once excepted in my yute. Never wore it much as few could appreciate the potential agony they were observing.
Though probably nearly impossible to do too; it would have been nice to be able to obtain an un-drilled shield and use the 'already there' rigid Honda mounts.
Be nice to see it upon completion, as it will present a one-of-a-kind SH view.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Ukebob

Post by Ukebob » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 am

I'll post pics once it arrives. Can't wait!

Bob

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:46 am

At risk of being rude, that's a crappy way of mounting a windshield. The SH has a perfectly good mounting system for a shield. I hope that saving a few bucks doesn't blow up in your face, literally.

Ukebob

Post by Ukebob » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:25 am

While I have to admit that from an appearance point of view, it leaves a lot to be desired, the mounting system allows more adjustability than the oem does. Regarding the durability of the setup, I had a windscreen with a similar arrangement which worked very well with no problems at all. Time will tell.

Bob