Headlight Bulb...Again

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
SH125Paul

Headlight Bulb...Again

Post by SH125Paul » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:42 pm

So, time for another headlight bulb...
When i ordered the screen the other week i also orderd some bulbs.
Was gonna stick in a new bulb while tge panels were off as it had been a while... Pre-emptive strike!
When i picked up the screen last Friday, i decided to fit it although the bulbs hadnt arrived...
Sure enough, sometime on the way home today the bulb went...
All was fine when i left work, and for part of the journey... pulling up behind a clean-ish car, i noticed i was only getting the reflection of the side lights... Arse!
So to change the bulb its the screen off then clock cover, front panel and handle bar cover...
All with little fragile plastic bits...
Then a new H4 in, and in true Haynes manual style... refitting is a reversal of the removal process...
Untill next time!

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Headlight Bulb...Again

Post by TommyXP » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 am

Somewhat surprised by your necessary use of "again" and "another" and also the big difference in accessing the bulb in the 125 and the 150.
Between my 2 150's I have yet to loose a single beam yet, which leaves me to think that the mounting is somewhat more isolated from the harshness of the frame or else I've just been lucky OR my use of a headlight modulator where the light is only illuminated half the Time is key.
When you noticed its absence in the reflection of the car before you, I was waiting for you to hit the high beam and commenting upon its still functioning or not !?
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

SH125Paul

Re: Headlight Bulb...Again

Post by SH125Paul » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:12 am

H4 Bulbs...
Roughly every 6 months / 4000 miles...
Main beam was fine... Never really use it...
And dont tend to flash other road users... Prefer to nod or wave them out if giving way, to avoid confusion...
Screen is great!