LeoVince slip-on for my Silverwing

Show off your new bike or favorite routes
bigbird
Staff

LeoVince slip-on for my Silverwing

Post by bigbird » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:17 pm

If anyone's interested I just put a LeoVince slip-on muffler on my Silverwing. When I had my SH150i, I had installed a Yoshimura whole exhaust system. I hated the droning but liked the bark. This LeoVince muffler has no droning but still some bark.
If you're interested, watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2p0NzTa-k
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada

robber57
Admin

Re: LeoVince slip-on for my Silverwing

Post by robber57 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Cool pipe Terry!

Did you notice any improvement on performance?
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks, Richard.

Performance, unless measured on a dyno, is such a subjective thing. Because the engine sounds healthier, we assume it is more powerful. Is it?
I really don't know. It certainly sounds more powerful.
My favourite byproduct of the installation is way less heat cooking the underside of my right saddlebag. There is no cat converter in the LV muffler, so it runs way cooler. After a long hard highway run, I can almost touch the muffler. Try that with a stock muffler. On second hand, don't.
Winnipeg Canada

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Added another video, this time with the dB Killer out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAKqPbCq ... er&list=UL
Winnipeg Canada

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:46 am

That was to be expected. :lol:

I hear it from just about anyone with a scooter with an aftermarket pipe who removed the db killer, its just to load because you cant shift gear on a scooter, you're always bound to that one engine speed and so it becomes annoying after a while.

Although i must say that since i installed the front db-killer in my yasuni back it is tolerable with the rear db-killer out.

Youre conclusion on the function of the db-killer is correct but there is a other way it also functions: the db-killer is not a constricting ring but it is a pipe which goes in the last muffler chamber and so creates a reflection chamber; the sound has to bounce against the back wall of the muffler(= 180 degree turn), and then turn 180 degrees again and then can escape through the constricted pipe.
If you leave the db-killer out you effectively remove the last reflection chamber, sound can just flow from the previous chamber unchanged directly through the back wall to the outside.

A quick drawing to explain, gas enters as black, bounces once(red), bounces the second time(blue) and leaves the exhaust.
db-killer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.