Scooter in winter

Show off your new bike or favorite routes
Arbiter

Scooter in winter

Post by Arbiter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Winter:(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robber57
Admin

Re: Scooter in winter

Post by robber57 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Thank god it is finished over here(the snow and ice) :)
The Tucano works very well but if i see your photo i get instantaneously the urge to take a hot shower :lol:

Btw; driving on ice and snow; last two weeks in the snow i tried to lower tire pressure to get better traction and this worked like a miracle, i got down to 1.1 bar front and 1.3 bar rear , this increased grip drastically and the steering wasn't all that bad even with my son at the rear it drove quite well.
Of coarse high speed is out of the question, i did not go over 70-80 km/h on a dry road.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm

robber57 wrote:Thank god it is finished over here(the snow and ice) :)
The Tucano works very well but if i see your photo i get instantaneously the urge to take a hot shower :lol:

Btw; driving on ice and snow; last two weeks in the snow i tried to lower tire pressure to get better traction and this worked like a miracle, i got down to 1.1 bar front and 1.3 bar rear , this increased grip drastically and the steering wasn't all that bad even with my son at the rear it drove quite well.
Of coarse high speed is out of the question, i did not go over 70-80 km/h on a dry road.
Motomufs are Tucano, but foot cover is OJ Atmosphere Metropolitane. Both are very good. Under mufs I have heated grips. It is nice.

According to air presure, I didn't try to make it lower. This year it is the first time, that I tried to drive in snow. Morning wather was nice, and when I ended job, there was snow ;(

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:54 am

You should try lowering the tire pressure some time when you have snow, the difference is remarkable , with low pressure the bike feels quite safe to drive on snow.

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Today we have +10C, without snow, and probably it will be no snow in this year.

Today I did 75km ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Yeh, i think you have the same weather as we have in holland now, its almost like spring, about +10 C.
I think we also dont get snow anymore i think and i am glad about it,let the summer come!

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Probably the same :)
+11