SH 170cc from Saigon, Vietnam

Show off your new bike or favorite routes
southsun

SH 170cc from Saigon, Vietnam

Post by southsun » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 am

dear all,
i'm from Saigon , Vietnam. very nice to know this forum. in my city, many youths like to modify SH, if i had a chance i will show you all of them, i believe it will be interesting. very happy to make friend with all of you.

the pics below is my bike with a title modification:
Malossi 170cc cylinder
Malossi CAM
Malossi variators
Leovince sito plus exhaust
Dynojet Fuel Controller (D.F.C)
Braking brake
Rizoma Universal Sportline Billet Grips
Vapor digital Gauge
koso voltmeters
K/N air-filter

still updating............

i will very appreciate for any opinion and advice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scootin2

Re: SH 170cc from Saigon, Vietnam

Post by Scootin2 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:21 pm

Welcome! Great looking scooter! I love the carbon fiber pieces... :D
Honda top box
Honda windshield
Buzzetti side stand
Ixil license plate holder
Flash to Pass
Back Off brake modulator
Euro signals
Phillips MotoVision headlight bulb
12 volt socket
Yoshimura stainless exhaust
K & N filter
Dr Pulley sliders

Bermuda

Post by Bermuda » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Where did you get the front break rotor from?!?!!! I want one of these so bad if you could send me a link on where i could purchase one i would greatly appreciate it. Even if i would have to send you some money to purchase it for me and send it in the mail whatever it takes :shock: let me know!

Scootin2

Post by Scootin2 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Now you need to buy one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM_iRpDjVTM :D
Honda top box
Honda windshield
Buzzetti side stand
Ixil license plate holder
Flash to Pass
Back Off brake modulator
Euro signals
Phillips MotoVision headlight bulb
12 volt socket
Yoshimura stainless exhaust
K & N filter
Dr Pulley sliders

southsun

Post by southsun » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:36 am

Bermuda wrote:Where did you get the front break rotor from?!?!!! I want one of these so bad if you could send me a link on where i could purchase one i would greatly appreciate it. Even if i would have to send you some money to purchase it for me and send it in the mail whatever it takes :shock: let me know!
it is a BRAKING brake rotor (BRAKING is a italian trademark), i bought it in a vietnam motor accessory shop and i think you can purchase online from www.braking.com as you have done before.

the brake is designed for CBR1000 or CBR600, i mean KTL not for honda SH so it is need a little modification to let it fit to SH.

you can see some more pics in here, this is where i purchased, it is located in saigon so just for reference.
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php?t=85598

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:59 pm

The braking website is on of those jewels of failing website design, there is absolutely nothing you can find on the site without hours and hours of searching.
The website works the wrong way around: you have to specify what you want(which suggests you already know it)and the website tells you yes or no, there is no way to just search what discs are available with 4 holes, xx diameter hub,xx diameter disc.
There is a "advanced search" but this either doesnt work or gives no results :evil:
I can only find the standard replacement disk for the sh and thats about it.

Our IT engineer from the company i work for has , strangely enough, as a hobby the prime-import of Braking in Holland, so for me buying one would be very interesting as i would be able to get it for cost price.

I know from the italian sh forum there exists a kit of a floating 260-280 mm disc+bracket adapter for the SH.
I have begged him several times to look in to it for me but he says he also cant find a disk or kit suitable for the sh.
As i see it now this only will work if you are actually standing in a warehouse in front of the shelves where the discs are lying so you can actually see what it looks like and if you will be able to make it fit.(probably like you did)

This is sooo frustrating :(
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

southsun

Post by southsun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 am

robber57 wrote:
I can only find the standard replacement disk for the sh and thats about it.

I know from the italian sh forum there exists a kit of a floating 260-280 mm disc+bracket adapter for the SH.
I have begged him several times to look in to it for me but he says he also cant find a disk or kit suitable for the sh.
As i see it now this only will work if you are actually standing in a warehouse in front of the shelves where the discs are lying so you can actually see what it looks like and if you will be able to make it fit.(probably like you did)

This is sooo frustrating :(
dear robber,
don't be frustrated :D, i believe i know the 260-280mm disc kit that you mentioned, it might be Galfer brake kits designed for SH 2009-2012, you can check out at the link below
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php?t=70923
http://www.galfer.es

robber, you will be able to make any kind size of brake fit to your sh, no matter how many holes or size it has. my current front brake disc has 6 holes, i will show you what i did in the picture below (actually mechanic did :D):D
- first thing is a metal circle part (yellow line), attach 6 holes disk to the circle and install to wheel.
- second thing is adapter (rad line)
all step costed 25$, cheap isn't it :D, hope you can have what you want soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bermuda

Post by Bermuda » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 am

:cry: i dont think there is anyone on this island who would be able to make the metal adapter ring for the disk to fit. even if there was...your..... $25......well here it would cost hundreds of dollars to fabricate it. Machinist/fabricators/Mechanics wouldn't know where to start just not as skilled so probably not even possible.

southsun

Post by southsun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:20 am

Bermuda wrote::cry: i dont think there is anyone on this island who would be able to make the metal adapter ring for the disk to fit. even if there was...your..... $25......well here it would cost hundreds of dollars to fabricate it. Machinist/fabricators/Mechanics wouldn't know where to start just not as skilled so probably not even possible.
dear Bermuda,
as you said so the Galfer brake kits above is better for you, the front disc will be smaller a little bit (280mm) but it is 100% fit

cheers

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 am

Dito on what bermuda says.
25$ is what you pay in holland to park outside the metalshop :cry:

I know about the Galfer products and if this(getting a bigger brake set) takes to long i may consider them or start fabricating something myself but there is no distributor in Holland willing to order any of the SH stuff for me.
But anyway, thanks for your answer.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.