Honda Sh 150 Help pls

Show off your new bike or favorite routes
Denis

Honda Sh 150 Help pls

Post by Denis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:41 am

Hello , i'm new here.
I bought a SH 150 2002 i think...
But i need a service manual because it`s broken and i want to repair it.
Some pics with the bike.
Regards ,
Denis.

ps:if you know what year is tell me please.

claudiubec

Re: Honda Sh 150 Help pls

Post by claudiubec » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:37 pm

it is a 2006-2009 model.....

Denis

Post by Denis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 pm

If someone have a service manual please send me...i need it !
Tnx a lot , but i think it`s a 2002-2003..

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Welcome and WOW!!
You bought a bucket of parts :lol:

Is it a carburetor or injection engine?
To find the year you need the VIN or Vehicle Identification Number, it should be on a metal plate as far as i know on all SH models the plate can be found near the gas tank on the frame, if there is no plate there should be also a stamped code in the frame tube somewhere over there.

With the VIN code you can find out the year,you only need the "ZDCKF04A01-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9" part ,usually the red number is the year, in ZDCKFXX the 2 XX is the series/type , if this doesnt work simply google and if your lucky something comes up, if not you will have to research one of the links below given and search year after year of SH model until you find it.

Service manual in electronic form (pdf) have never been officially released (for customers) by Honda but a paper version can be bought although i dont know if one exists for the carburetor model, google for "hayes service manual" or go to your local Honda dealer.

There are 2 PDF's floating around on the web for the 2006-2008 injection model, one is italian the other is english but "locked" with the "FOPN_fLock security" scam which is used by a ebay scammer to sell a service manual which only "works" for a few months and still is not printable,after the few moths the manual is locked and no more accessible, dont buy a PDF or CD on ebay, or actually; dont buy a PDF or CD at all, its the same guy.
I managed to hack the file, if you have a injection model send me a mail and you can have it.
If you have a carburetor model this service manual will do you no good and is useless for you.

In my months during search i never found a SH manual for the carburetor model but if it is information on the engine youre after you may do a search for the following models as they have the same engine: @ (yes the model is called "@" ), NES, SES,Dylan, Pantheon,Scoopy, and a whole bunch of other names of scooters which have this engine.

[edit] lucky lucky for you, i almost forgot i had it; i have a ,sort of ,service manual in italian for the dylan/@/ pantheon/early SH carb model.
It shows different models and years throughout and has exploded parts views (no part nr's) and is clearly a homebrew labour of love but may be be of some use to you, it is a "text type" pdf (not a scan) and so text can be copy/pasted in google-translate.

If you want detaild exploded views look here; http://www.oemmotorparts.nl/oem3.asp?M=Honda&T=SH150 or here: http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-m ... -2003.html
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

Denis

Post by Denis » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:21 am

The serial number is ZDCKF04A 01FO26886* , i think is 2001.This Sh is carburetor.I need the service manual.Please send me the service manual on this e-mail: dont put you email address on a website or forum, i am the admin so i have it already
Thank you a lot.
Please stay tuned for more updates.
I want to do this scooter like new.

Regards
Denis.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Yes, it appears to be 2001 series KF04, the manual is coming, i hope it is not to big for gmail....

Denis

Post by Denis » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:39 am

Thank you so much ! I got it. Now come the hardest part.
Regards
Denis.
Ps:What type of battery and spark i need for my Sh ?Which type of code ?Thanks.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:05 pm

spark plug: NGK CR8EH9
Battery: Yuasa YTX7L-BS
Although the battery code comes from yuasa it is used by most brands so buying "a" YTX7L-BS usually means it is anything but a yuasa.
The original yuasa costs about 80 euro or more, a fake can be as cheap as 25 euro.
Here comes the tricky part: the battery lays on its side, only VRLA-AGM (valve regulated lead acid -absorbent glass mat) battery's can do this and the yuasa is one, with a fake this is/will be questionable.
if you lay a normal "maintenance free" battery on its side it will be dead in matter of weeks/months.

If you are really determined on succeeding with this project i can only say buy the original its worth it, if it is all still a question you could save for now some money and buy a fake, but it will be money thrown away as it will almost certainly die.

cvo

Post by cvo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:27 am

Would you also happen to have the service manual for the 2010 model?

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:22 am

Sorry i missed your post, didnt see it.

No i dont have the 2010 nor is there afaik one available besides a paper hardcopy.

If you want exploded views you can check out this: http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/ , they have for all models exploded views with the original part numbers.