my sh 150 with mivv gp exhaust

Show off your new bike or favorite routes
robber57
Admin

Re: my sh 150 with mivv gp exhaust

Post by robber57 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Just only change the varioweights to 10 grams, nothing more.
You will be surprised by the difference it makes.

You are in greece so probably you should not have any trouble finding Leovince rollers part number 4145P98 , these are 9.8 grams and are perfect to use in combination with a tuned exhaust, these are normally combined with the EVOII exhaust but are also sold separately.

An online shop which sells them is easyparts ; http://www.easyparts.nl , this is the dutch website but if i am correct you will be automatically transfered to the greek/international website
Of coarse you can also buy them probably on another local greek site or shop.

If you cannot find the Leovince rollers you can buy malossi 10 gram rollers as a good alternative.

Changing the spring in the rear-vario is not necessary and only recommended when you install a malossi vario.

Changing the clutch(springs) is a possibility but the effect is not so big as you would guess and has an unwanted side effect; the speed at which the clutch releases will be higher, so when you go not so fast through a corner you can have the clutch releasing , you then have to open the throttle to rev the engine up and get the clutch engaged again.
Thats nasty behavior which on a wet road can be tricky.

For now just change the rollers....
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Do they exist 11.5 or more close to 12.5grams ? I suppose will be better [ less exhaust noise ].

Ohh i think i'll order a dbkiller with 35mm diameter for the GP... Must sound great !!!
Malossi TC Unit O2 Controller [Lamda Emulator]
Malossi Multivar MHR 9.5gr [RR] Dr.Pulleys with [white] contra spring
Malossi clutch springs [white]

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Rollers are available in all different weights, depending on the brand in steps of 1 or 0.5 gram and some brands like Leovince offer the in between sizes like 9.8 and 9.2 grams and Polini will have other weights.
The original rollers size is 20x15 , the Malossi size that fits is 20x14,6

For Malossi there are:
http://www.malossistore.eu/famiglia2.aspx?Type=F&F=66 page 13

6 HTRoll Ø 20x14,6 gr.10,5
Art. 6611534.A0

6 HTRoll Ø 20x14,6 gr.11,5
Art. 6611534.B0

6 HTRoll Ø 20x14,6 gr.12,5
Art. 6611534.C0

I dont want to push you but you should get at minimum the 10,5 gram rollers from malossi or the 9,8 gram rollers from Leovince, you are worried about the engine going to scream and make a lot of noise, it will not do that
It is a four stroke and NOT a two stroke, that is a big difference.

A four stroke will only make some noise on acceleration with wide open throttle, once you reach your speed and close the throttle just enough to keep that speed the noise will disappear.
Using the right size rollers will give you much,much more acceleration then a open db-killer will ever do.

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:30 am

Robber57 - I changed the weights to 10.5 [ they didnt have 10 ] and i have seen much difference from witch i hade the 12.25gr. Small difference to low and much to mid range. The scooter seems that now is flying !! :shock
I wonder what should i change next besides the dbkiller that i have ordered. 8-)
Last edited by Nikolaidis on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Nikolaidis wrote: The scooter seems that now is flying !! :shock:

I told you so :mrgreen:

Vario roller weight is very important and makes a big difference.
You could test even lighter, 9.8 or 9.6 grams but i would wait some time before you do that, you have made the big step now and it is very easy to notice that it has become much better.
The next step for even lighter rollers will be a small step and will be more difficult to notice if it is better or not.
So you should drive like this for a few weeks so you get familiar with how the engine performs, then after a few weeks if you make the next step it will be clear to you if it is better or worse.
The optimal roller weight depends not only on the engine but also on your weight, the heavier you are the lighter the rollers will need to be for optimal result.
Also the type of roads you drive make a difference, flat roads or mountains make a big difference, if you come across mountains or hills you will have to use lighter rollers.
So there is no full-proof recipe for the rollers weight, it depends on you and where you live.

Other things you could do; a fuel controller but this is tricky.
Setting up a fuel controller requires more or less that you bring the bike to a dyno test center and this can be expensive.
If you buy the fuel controller and only use it with the fuel mapping it comes with you're not using the controller as you should and a lot of performance is lost.
I went "in-between" and bought the malossi lambda-controller, it is a fixed unit, nothing can be modified and it is plug-and-play.
The gain is not so much but it is a easy fix to make the engine run cooler and perform a little bit better.

You could change the clutch but dont expect miracles, just changing the little springs(10 euro) inside the clutch will do almost the same as buying an expensive malossi delta clutch(120 euro).
Changing the clutch has an unwanted side effect which is difficult to explain; if you drive 30 km/h and close the throttle the bike will go slower, at some point the clutch will release and the bike will roll "free", this point at which the bike rolls free will change if you modify the clutch.
With the standard clutch it will release at 10-15 km/h , if you modify the clutch it will release at 25-30 km/h.
If you put stronger springs in the clutch it will slip more and so you will accelerate faster but the release speed will also be higher.
If you want to change the clutch let me know i have the partnumber for the red springs somewhere.

You can modify the airfilter box, i have documentation about drilling 2 holes in it and more documentation on how to do this very nice with plastic airtubes, i have not done this mod myself yet.

Buying a compltet different vario is also an option but as said before you should drive a few weeks with this setting before changing more.

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:25 am

Yes!! next time i'll put on the 9.5grams and will go even better...
In athens are around small hills so definitely you need even smaller weights.

how much gasoline do u spend with the fuel controller?

I don't know about the springs...wouldn't that be tricky ??? That means that I'll have to go 30km with first gear and then change ! what if i install the yellow, or another color clutch change at 20km and so have better acceleration and less traction? as far as i remember there are several types.

I don't think i might drill the air filter box ( bruubbzz ) sounds bad idea ! ! !

could the malossi mulltivar make deference, than having the primal variator with the same weights as they have had both ? what will that deference be ?

I have so many questions... THANKS for helping
I have found this http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh30 ... prings.jpg
I think with the [ blue-sports ] spring will be alright. it may have not side effect. The red you mention is [ race ]...

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 am

Your link to photobucket is broken,not complete so i cannot see it.

You can go lighter with the weights but if you are already thinking about a complete different vario you may want to go for that, the weights you have bought now dont fit in a malossi vario,buying more weights is a waste of money.
Look carefully on the malossi website; there are 2 varios, the "normal" multivar 2000 and the multivar 200 MHR , you want to buy the MHR Art. 5114065

For me the fuel controller(and gearset) made the engine more economical so LESS fuel costs.
But i almost always drive flatout and my economy is usual around 28 Km/liter,before the fuel controller and more important the gearset(!) i did about 25 Km/liter.

On the clutch i will answer later,i have to go now.

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:11 pm

I saw the picture, i have a more complete picture showing the "standard" white-yellow-red kit and the red-green-blue "race" kit.
wgr springs 2912536.jpg
rgb springs 299605.jpg
The complete document can be found here: http://storage.malossistore.com/files/m ... 311401.pdf

As you can see there are 2 kits available for the SH, note that both kits have red springs but they are different, so just the color doesn't say anything.
From the red-green-blue kit you can also buy the red and blue springs separate to save money.
A kit is +/- 17 euro, a separate springkit only one color is +/- 8 euro

So options are:
"Race kit" red-blue-green art;299605 : 6000,5000,4000 rpm
"standard kit" red-yellow-white art;2912536 : 3500,3000,2500 rpm
red springs (part of the race kit) art;299604b : 6000 rpm
blue springs (part of the race kit) art;299603b : 5000 rpm

So you can make the clutch slip at 2500-3000-3500-4000-5000-6000 rpm
Or if you measure in km/h you can make the clutch slip up to 12.5-15-17.5-20-25-30 km/h

So this also means that the clutch will go "loose" at higher speeds, the higher the slip rpm the higher the speed at which the clutch will go loose when you close the throttle.
The delta clutch also has the possibility to make the springs more tight or loose with 9 possibility's so you can get all in between values and even higher then 6000 rpm

I have the complete delta clutch with red springs at the tightest setting and so the clutch will keep the engine at +6000 rpm which is nice to get away from a traffic light but it also will go "loose" under 28 km/h which is tricky in the rain.

My advice: buy the red-green-blue kit, you will have three spring types which will have enough impact to notice, the white-yellow-red kit is in my opinion to light and you will hardly notice the difference.

Please note that maximum torque for the SH150i engine is given at 7000 rpm so if you would like to accelerate at the maximum you should use the red springs.
If you would like to be anyway near the rpm where there is power you should use the green springs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:27 pm

robber, i think i'll change the main clutch spring so i will be able to change gear on less km/h. [ i dont wana go with 30 km/h and having the first gear ] i'm also think, if i do that, also change the [ small springs ] GREEN. Will change on maybe 30km/h and FAST!!! [ Because of the springs ].... i would like to hear your opinion about that...

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter