boiski

SH300i LED headlight conversion

Post by boiski » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:33 pm

SH150i:Image SH300i:Image

TommyXP
Staff

Re: SH300i LED headlight conversion

Post by TommyXP » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:40 am

What is your impression of the increased density of Light?
I wonder if you it would be compatible with my headlight modulator/strobe, because if I had a choice between doubling the light output OR having the modulator, I would stick with the modulator, as I frequently notice that it gets the attention of a human animal on a subconscious level.
Something about a flashing light 'seems' to get their ATTENTION before they have any Time to think about it; has been my constant experience and actually think it would momentarily stop the charge of rampaging bull elephant.......
Also, what may I ask was the cost-factor?
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

boiski

Post by boiski » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:22 am

This one is probably the cheapest LED kit on eBay for H4 bulb socket. I actually bought it for the purpose of experiment. I'm following the development of these LED headlight kits by 2-3 years, and now the price is low enough for experiments. The light output is at least +50% compared to the conventional halogen bulb, but personally I prefer warmer color temperature (2700-4300K) - the human eyes perceive warmer colors better. Unfortunately there is not many LED kits available on the market in that temperature range. Otherwise it's not a bad kit, but there is better ones on the market:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Se ... 6af1c7a97b

However, it's good for beginning.:)

p.s. This headlight modulator, is it stock or aftermarket? It's good idea, but only for daytime riding. Actually I had an idea to replace my front position bulbs with these strobe LEDs and I probably will do it when I have more time.
SH150i:Image SH300i:Image

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:30 am

The modulator comes with a photo-cell that terminates modulation at dusk. I use it on both my SH's.
There are many available and I used this one for the last 4 years:
https://www.amazon.com/Signal-Dynamics- ... motorcycle
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.