First long trip on my SH150i

Show off your new bike or favorite routes
Travlore

First long trip on my SH150i

Post by Travlore » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 am

Completed a great 1420 km 4 day trip in October and thought I'd share this photo.
I will be uploading a video once I finish the edit, but you can check out my other videos on my You tube channel , google: JAMES CAREY SCOOTER CAMPING
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NADman

Re: First long trip on my SH150i

Post by NADman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Nice pic.
We have a north wind and snow.
'Wish I was there'.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 am

Wonderful.....The 'framing' of that pic is the direct result of the induced harmony of Spirit...Nice.
Love your video's which I have yet to view in their entirety and HIGHLY recommend subscription to them, as I was glad to subscribe:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... TqAwA%253D

I also have a couple 'ideas' to recommend that I utilized when 'camping'.....
I still find this add-on useful on many other occasions too. The ONLY little bit of wasted space on the SH:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5653&hilit=+holder

I also use these for my infrequent grocery-runs. Nice for camping as they come off and on in a flash, just like the cowboy saddlebags of yore. They have held up for >5 years now and zippers and stitching are in great shape and I've loaded them till bursting. One strap goes under the seat so they can't be easily 'borrowed':
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Acce ... s/10802875

Poor NADman is hunking-down (though his Spirit continues to soar) up along the 49th parallel (°-latitude) while down here along the 42nd, we are just starting to get cold enough to break-out ALL the winter riding gear.
.....It's a pain-in-the-ass (forgive my lingo) Time of year where its not yet cold enough to feed the lil' woodburner full time. I let it go out at night; for I have a ton of blankets; and in the mornings, like now, 45° seems a lot colder than it really is (30° outside), especially strutting around in underpants and trying to produce instant HEAT from big ol' hunks of wood. Takes about an hour and a half to work ones way from kindling to a roaring lil' blaze, and the fingers are numb and cold till I reach my accustomed degree of luxurious comfort → 60°.....I also have a really small fire-pit outside where many-times-a-week I KEEP a small fire burning as an excuse to get out of the shack; as gathering firewood is a chore, I challenge myself to see how small a fire one can keep alive; as I don't want to give in to the temptation to dip into the ~10 face cords I laboriously split, debarked and stored under cover. I can monitor my indoor burners smoke stack (no 'smoke' [not good-inefficient] but visual heat aberrations of the surrounding air) from the fire pit and keep 2 fires going at once, whilst sipping hot coffee and sneaking a sip of brandy now and then, in salute to all those who have gone before us, 'living' Life as such.....
Between trying to keep the well from freezing and feeding the birds, chipmunks, squirrels...come what may, from the >½-ton larder of sunflower seeds, raw peanuts and bird seed that occupy what some would use for a kitchen; I feel like I am camping every day of the year!

I hope you keep it up Travlore and continue to post. For me, its just like being there with you. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Travlore

Post by Travlore » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 am

NADman wrote:Nice pic.
We have a north wind and snow.
'Wish I was there'.
We're into the deep freeze now, on and off, I was camping last week (not with scooter) at minus 12 degrees during the night, but enjoyed it.
keep warm out there.
Thanks for the comment.

Travlore

Post by Travlore » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 am

TommyXP wrote:Wonderful.....The 'framing' of that pic is the direct result of the induced harmony of Spirit...Nice.
Love your video's which I have yet to view in their entirety and HIGHLY recommend subscription to them, as I was glad to subscribe:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... TqAwA%253D

I also have a couple 'ideas' to recommend that I utilized when 'camping'.....
I still find this add-on useful on many other occasions too. The ONLY little bit of wasted space on the SH:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5653&hilit=+holder

I also use these for my infrequent grocery-runs. Nice for camping as they come off and on in a flash, just like the cowboy saddlebags of yore. They have held up for >5 years now and zippers and stitching are in great shape and I've loaded them till bursting. One strap goes under the seat so they can't be easily 'borrowed':
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Acce ... s/10802875

Poor NADman is hunking-down (though his Spirit continues to soar) up along the 49th parallel (°-latitude) while down here along the 42nd, we are just starting to get cold enough to break-out ALL the winter riding gear.
.....It's a pain-in-the-ass (forgive my lingo) Time of year where its not yet cold enough to feed the lil' woodburner full time. I let it go out at night; for I have a ton of blankets; and in the mornings, like now, 45° seems a lot colder than it really is (30° outside), especially strutting around in underpants and trying to produce instant HEAT from big ol' hunks of wood. Takes about an hour and a half to work ones way from kindling to a roaring lil' blaze, and the fingers are numb and cold till I reach my accustomed degree of luxurious comfort → 60°.....I also have a really small fire-pit outside where many-times-a-week I KEEP a small fire burning as an excuse to get out of the shack; as gathering firewood is a chore, I challenge myself to see how small a fire one can keep alive; as I don't want to give in to the temptation to dip into the ~10 face cords I laboriously split, debarked and stored under cover. I can monitor my indoor burners smoke stack (no 'smoke' [not good-inefficient] but visual heat aberrations of the surrounding air) from the fire pit and keep 2 fires going at once, whilst sipping hot coffee and sneaking a sip of brandy now and then, in salute to all those who have gone before us, 'living' Life as such.....
Between trying to keep the well from freezing and feeding the birds, chipmunks, squirrels...come what may, from the >½-ton larder of sunflower seeds, raw peanuts and bird seed that occupy what some would use for a kitchen; I feel like I am camping every day of the year!

I hope you keep it up Travlore and continue to post. For me, its just like being there with you. Thanks
Thanks again for the great comments and the mention of my videos, don't seem to be too many SH150i people watching them.
I try to keep the weight down when camping and the dry bags worked well and added some visibility. I may look at saddle bags/panniers next year, always a learning process and I'll probably try a few different setups.