sometimes live sucks :-(

Everything not scooter related and still legal goes here
robber57
Admin

sometimes live sucks :-(

Post by robber57 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:13 pm

It's one o clock at night and i have just brought my beloved budgerigar "Japie" for the last time back to his cage after i had him all evening sitting on my shoulder as he always does.
I put fresh water and food in his cage, as i have done the last 10 years or so, but i know its different this time as i know it will be the last time.

He has been ill for several weeks now, its a tumor on his kidneys, a "common" disease with budgies as the veterinarian told me and i slowly have seen the live flow out of him in the last weeks. :(
He hardly eats anymore, is only awake for 10 minutes and then falls asleep exhausted from the short time being awake.

After postponing it for days this afternoon in a brave and sensible moment i made the appointment at the veterinarian for tomorrow at 16:00 to end his life.
I never understood people spending a few thousand bucks on a pet but now i do, but no amount of money can save Japie as there is no magical cure for his illness.

He has been my little talking and whistling friend for over 10 years and gave me so much joy and love and i will miss him dearly. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCsSJIEjDxM
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

GizmoGal

Re: sometimes live sucks :-(

Post by GizmoGal » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:38 pm

So very sorry about the loss of your beloved Japie. It's very hard to lose a pet and I am sure this remarkable budgie gave you so much joy. I loved seeing his video. I hope you are able to cheer up soon and keep his song in your heart to get you thru good days, too.

Baysidebob

Post by Baysidebob » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:30 pm

When I was 4 years old in a full-body cast with a broken leg my one and only friend was a budgie named "Billy". I've always had dogs and/or cats and/or birds. Now we're down to two dogs that sleep on the Temperpedic with us. Given average life-spans having a pet is guaranteed grief but the joy of companionship outweighs the grief.
Honda SH150i
Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec.
My actuary says I'm dead.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 am

Well, 16:00 has past and so did Japies life, that sucked , bigtime ,and i feel a mayor headache coming up from the emotions.

My son wanted also to be there and held him while he took his last breath, after that we did the whole thing, cutting the box of cardboard, making a little cross,putting the last picture of him on the cross, going to the park and bury him and talking and letting my son talk (a lot) to accept the grief.
The house is empty and deafening quite and there is still the task of cleaning up his cage ,toys and other stuff :|

Thank you all for your hart warming reactions, it helped, a bit.
I am going to bed, i have had enough of this day.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.