This site is dying a slow death

Everything not scooter related and still legal goes here
Mikey

This site is dying a slow death

Post by Mikey » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:12 am

Considering there have been no comments since 2018, I believe this site is winding down. The main reason being the SH150 was only released 1 year (2010) in the U.S. I think the only hope is if Honda releases the present SH150 in the U.S. but I don't see that happening. 2020 will be the 10 year anniversary so we'll see who is still here by then.

Honda offers 8 different scooters in the U.K.
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles.html

TommyXP
Staff

Re: This site is dying a slow death

Post by TommyXP » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:13 am

Yeah, I agree and it is somewhat to be expected IMHO.....
I've been a moderator since May of 2013(member since 2011) and have visited the site every single day since then, mainly because any potential new member post MUST first be approved by me or the persons posts will not be visible to others.
Initially there were 3 of us and for the last few years it has been only me.
The site once was almost taken off line but I argued and even offered to pay the fee to keep it available as I believe it holds valuable info and experience that some still can benefit from well into the future.
It is heartening that there are still a very few loyal members as yourself that are kind enough to try to fan the remaining burning embers. I wish more would share their thoughts too concerning whatever.......
At the moment I am 'suiting-up' to make a food-run for the first time this year. It is presently 22° and though I have a car sitting there; it is not even a consideration as I need a fix (ride) more than anything, even if it only be ~10 miles and if the Sun should shine; many more....
Luckily, I only notice now, that when I first purchased my 'leather' it has the eyelets and cordage along the sides that allows one to loosen and tighten the fit, allowing for numerous layers....Thank God for small favors!
I hope you too are enjoying yourself and not allowing the shenanigans of 'this' world to impinge upon our most important asset........
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

ksigurdsen

Post by ksigurdsen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:42 am

The sh150i is a great little machine. As a thoroughbred Honda, it is of the highest quality and reliability. I also check this website daily and enjoy the posts. Please, let's keep this website alive.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:36 am

I wholeheartedly agree with you ksigurdsen and will continue to do all that we can.
I think that if these marvelous machines weren't so darned reliable, there would be a hell-of-lot more postings here......If only so much as a screw would come loose: I would take advantage of it and post it here, but day after day, and year after year, I'm presented with nothing but Blue skies and clear sailing....

P.S. "ksigurdsen": it is a helpful aid in our imaginations IF you were to go to the top of the page and 'click' on your "User Control Panel" and click on "Profile" and then add your Earthly place of habitation in the box labeled "Location", and then it will appear under your user name in every one of your posts. A name without a location seems, in my mind, so impersonal but would give aim to our common brotherhood and passion........

ksigurdsen

Post by ksigurdsen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Sorry about omitting the location. I updated my profile.

South Florida seems to be one of the scooter capitals in the US. The weather is perfect for riding year round and insurance is optional, unlike car insurance that is of course mandatory and astronomically high. It would be great to meet up with another forum member.

Kevin S.

SH125Paul

Post by SH125Paul » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:49 am

Happy New Year!
I too take a look at this site nearly every day...
Just in case I can offer any help...
A wonderful resource for all things SH, and often beyond...
Happy to both share experiences and fixes, ideas and knowledge, and a go to place in times of scootering woe...
We get the 125 here over the pond, and many iterations over the years...
I also use a site http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/ which is made up of great people covering many makes and models... and often point SH owners in the 'SHcooter' direction from here in the UK...

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:41 pm

I now also own a 2016 Suzuki Burgman 400. I love the storage. It's like a Honda Goldwing of scooters. But on the other hand the maintenance is very time consuming compared to the Honda SH150. The two bolts for the final drive oil, drain and refill, are put behind the side cover. So you need to remove the lower body plastic, remove the air inlet to the variator, remove the side cover where the bolts are all different lengths so you need to number them. Then the end bearing on the shaft is pressed into the side cover so you need two special bolts to crank the side cover off. Painters tape to hold the gasket in place when reinstalling. And the bike sits lower then the SH150 so I purchased a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to give my back and knees a rest.

Dont get me wrong, I love the bike but after working on the SH150 I wonder why they chose the design they did.

Oil filter has two gaskets you have to make sure are there and don't have me start on the valve inspection!

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:05 am

Ouch! I can feel the Spirit-crushing forces that run loose in our World today, induced by frigging accountants masquerading as Engineers who haven't the slightest regard for those that come after them in Service, whom will be cursing their immortal souls for the life of the product they produced because of their 'book' learned ignorance and initial cost-saving design (cheapening) that promotes them further up the hierarchy within heir supposed 'profession'.....How can one have any respect for physical-labor when their whole/sole purpose of 'schooling' is to avoid it and thereby kissing common-sense (horse-sense) goodbye along with any benefit they might have been to society instead of pleasing their (((money-grubbing))) boss's....

IMHO I've seen more brilliance and innovation produced by those who left childhood behind and began adult-life by sweeping the 'shop' floor and working their way through entire process's.....It used to be a part of our cultural heritage but (((they))) knew and soon demolished that vital aspect of societal success in the U.S. and then moved onto the conquest of Japan and Japanese culture/work-ethic.....(Did you know that the post-WWII acronym SONY stands for Standard Oil of New York? Why don't (((they))) tell you that in (((their))) 'history' victor-written books?)

I believe the SH is one of the last of a dying breed unless Japan wrest back their freedom from (((them))) like the Yellow-Vests are attempting in France (and Trump possibly too) and a few other European CULTURES that refuse assimilation into one big stinking pot of human refuse (slaves) without God.....

The few large fabricating projects I ever embarked upon had serviceability as the number one priority and profit a distant second...... It is an undying delight to run across instances of things that are intentionally done to make service a pleasure and convenience rather than the nightmare you describe.....rant over

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 am

TommyXP wrote:It is an undying delight to run across instances of things that are intentionally done to make service a pleasure and convenience rather than the nightmare you describe.....rant over
All scoots have their difficulties. The Vespa 150 LX has to have the shock bolts removed and you have to jack up the motor to gain access to the spark plug, or to check the valves. The SH has 2 screws and a plastic panel for that. My BV's have 1 screw and an access panel. The SH has a pain in the ass TDC mark when checking the valves. The BV has to have 10+ panels to remove to check the valves. I leave the passenger pegs off the SH to make it easier to get to the transmission cover. You only have to loosen the air filter box to get to the transmission on the BV. You have to remove the exhaust at the head to remove the rear wheel on the SH. The BV has a slip on exhaust. I could come up with a lot of pros and cons to all bikes but scooters are harder to work on than MC's.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:14 am

Agree, no-thing is perfect but I wish that a tad more attention would be directed towards 'serviceability' before they assign a task-force for where more cute lil' LED's can be placed or butt massager's in the seats.....
Me thinks that as fewer and fewer people perform any kind of Service on their own(bank) vehicles today, the manufactures rub their hands in glee when their technicians MUST perform timely procedures in order to accomplish the simplest of ta$k$.........

Buckle your seatbelt's friends; the rational world of thought is in full retrograde and the irrational 'emotional' world ruled by satan (feminism/gender issues/PC speech) is making an all-out concerted effort at World domination and rendering the phrase "In God We Trust", obsolete..............