Black 2010 SH150i for sale - Westchester/Putnam, NY area

Find your next scooter or gear - or sell your old stuff
Activator

Black 2010 SH150i for sale - Westchester/Putnam, NY area

Post by Activator » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:49 am

My life is in flux right now: separated, kids grown and moving out, selling the house, moving to who-knows-where and, along with some health issues (pinched nerve in my neck), and a crazy work schedule, I'm just not riding the SH150i. I don't know where I'll end up once the house is sold, so I want to get my life as simple as possible right now, and I've decided to part with my beloved SHcooter. Sniff. :(

• 2010 SH150i
• Gloss Black
• Bought new from Honda in June 2011
• 1,100 miles (at the moment)
• Oil changed to Shell Rotella T-6 synthetic and valves adjusted at 600mi
• Givi E-26 top box (with integrated brake light) installed with Givi mounting bracket
• Seat lightly modified: I carved a wedge out of the "hump" so I could move back further ( I'm 6'5" tall). I kept the wedge of foam, so it could be easily replaced.
• The bike is in absolutely MINT condition. Adult owned. Not a scratch, scrape, ding or dent. Never down. Never abused.
• Includes Official Honda Shop Manual, the rest of the T-6 oil, and all the stuff that came with it as new (manual, tools, keys, etc.)

All I'm looking for is enough to cover the balance of my loan. $3,250.00 firm. Honestly, I'd be happy keeping it and storing it, so I'm not desperate, but if a serious buyer comes along, I will definitely sell it. No games.

Local pickup only in Mahopac, NY (10541). I would consider delivering it within @50 miles of Mahopac if you cover gas/tolls.

PM me with questions.

Thanks!

-John

Activator

Re: Black 2010 SH150i for sale - Westchester/Putnam, NY area

Post by Activator » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:36 am

Just a bump. The loan payoff is now $3,000 and that is the new asking price for my Sh150i. Still under 1,100 miles.

I was contacted through this forum by an exited local buyer, and we had a verbal and email contract that he would buy my Sh150i once I had the lien release in hand. It was a done deal, and I was all set to pay off the loan (with borrowed money, no less!) but the buyer backed out at the last minute. Said he bought a used Kymco instead. Well, good luck with that!!

Note that this was a shooter forum member.

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:49 am

Unfortunately there's dickheads everywhere. In this day and age it seems that a handshake or verbal commitment are not worth anything. Sad.
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada

Activator

Post by Activator » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 am

Nah. I'm not going to out the member. It just proves the old "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" saying. I would't even be so annoyed if it wasn't that the "buyer" had asked me to pay off the loan ASAP so we could get the lien release in hand as quickly as possible. If it hadn't been for the 4th of July holiday, I WOULD have paid it off before he backed out! :evil:

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 am

Well, lets leave it at that, this member will have by now probably read this and understood your outrage, it does not serve any purpose ,goal nor is very civilized to put him on a digital pillory ,lets try to keep this board up to a certain level of decency.

A lesson learned: dont trust anyone on the intarwebs when money is involved and ask for some kind of a deposit before you get into all sorts of trouble, 50-200 will usually do the trick depending on the goods sold.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

Activator

Re: Black 2010 SH150i for sale - Westchester/Putnam, NY -SOLD!

Post by Activator » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:14 am

Sold my Sh to a super-nice guy from DC for $2,950, which is basically what I still owe on the HF loan. I'll be paying off the loan today, and he should be picking up my baby later this week!

Thanks to all on this forum. This has been one of the most well-managed and friendly forums I've ever been a part of. Once my life gets straightened out, and I land in Santa Monica in a year or so, I will probably wish I still had the Sh! But, I have to admit that, as fun and practical as the Sh has been, I always kind'a missed my motorcycles. I'm thinking I may get one of the new Zero electric motorcycles once I'm settled in LA. The new models are pretty sexy and go 120 miles on $1 of electricity. :shock:

Budz

Re: Black 2010 SH150i for sale - Westchester/Putnam, NY -SOLD!

Post by Budz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks for the kind words Activator, meeting you and dealing with you in this transaction has been a great pleasure. You will be greatly missed here in the forum I am sure, enjoy the great weather and beautiful people out west!

Hello everybody, I am new to the forum and this is my first scooter/bike ever so I am thankful for Activator's advice during our transaction and for all the helpful posts on the forum. Currently I have a loaner from a friend it's a 2007 Kymco Agility 125 which is physically smaller than the Sh150i so I hope the transition will be managable for a new rider of my size (6'-2" 188 lbs). The new bike is in great shape and I'll post photos soon.
Activator wrote:Sold my Sh to a super-nice guy from DC for $2,950, which is basically what I still owe on the HF loan. I'll be paying off the loan today, and he should be picking up my baby later this week!

Thanks to all on this forum. This has been one of the most well-managed and friendly forums I've ever been a part of. Once my life gets straightened out, and I land in Santa Monica in a year or so, I will probably wish I still had the Sh! But, I have to admit that, as fun and practical as the Sh has been, I always kind'a missed my motorcycles. I'm thinking I may get one of the new Zero electric motorcycles once I'm settled in LA. The new models are pretty sexy and go 120 miles on $1 of electricity. :shock:

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 am

Congrats for the both of you in selling and buying and welcome for our new member, you will find enough to read here on all sort of things you may want to know about your new purchase and if you can not find it feel free to ask 8-)
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:46 am

I'm also 6'2", a bit lighter than Pappy at 209 lbs, and the SH fit me well once I got used to the riding position of torso straight up with legs straight down.
You'll enjoy the SH, I have no doubt.
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada