Jackets

Helmets, Jackets, Gloves, Pants, Boots
scootzilla

Jackets

Post by scootzilla » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:04 am

So my wife has been harping me about getting a good safe jaket to wear but I really dont know where to start.
So what do all of you wear?

I've been thinking about the Corazzo Ventata. looks coooool
Sit back and relax

SilverBolt

Re: Jackets

Post by SilverBolt » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Harley leathers, mainly because I already have them.

Baysidebob

Post by Baysidebob » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:46 pm

http://www.leatherup.com/?gclid=CIGPwen ... bAodUSeMbQ

good prices on everything leather and then some.
Honda SH150i
Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec.
My actuary says I'm dead.

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Sun May 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Joe Rocket Ballistic 10 for cool/cold weather, Joe Rocket Phoenix 4 mesh for warmer weather.
I just added an Icon Mil-Spec Hi Viz vest.
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada

misu

Post by misu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:31 am

corazzo makes some nice scooter gear. i have their max and it's good spring/fall jacket but a bit warm for summer and not quite warm enough for < 50F.

definitely try all their jackets on. the max fits well if you're a barrel chest, slightly bigger tummy type of person with long and big arms. the collar's a bit tight. it actually doesn't fit me that well (tall, slim) but i got a good deal and it was my 1st armored jacket. the armor, while quality knox, fits loose on me.

the 5.0 is one of their most popular jackets with it's retro stripe and vents a bit better than the 5.0

i tried their ventata when looking for a summer jacket. sleeves were too short for me in a medium and the large had adequate sleeves but then the torso was too baggy...

consider looking at alpinestars city collection line. after finding out the ventata didn't fit, i decided to look outside of corazzo and found the alpinestars verona air. great jacket for my body size/shape. form fitting yet comfortable armor and very well ventilated. good pockets. just love it. very subtle (some may say boring) styling.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpi ... acket-2011

liked it so much i got their messenger jacket for winter. super comfortable and warm liner, lots of pockets, waterproof. both offer ability to add back and chest protectors, which i did.

joe rocket has great deals on their mesh/textile jackets too. for me, they're graphics are just too "motorcycle" so i prefer the corazzo and alpinestar's city collection more subtle styling. but their inexpensive so i did buy one to try after the ventata but the zipper broke the 1st time i put it on -- so i sent it back for a refund and have been slightly turned off by their quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2010 elite 110 black, los angeles, ca
fiamm horn, hid headlight, modified seat, battery tender routed to glovebox

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:33 am

Welcome aboard misu.
Thank you for your insightful post.
Please continue to contribute. Do you have an SH150i or something else?
Terry
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada

misu

Post by misu » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:54 pm

bigbird wrote:Welcome aboard misu.
Thank you for your insightful post.
Please continue to contribute. Do you have an SH150i or something else?
Terry
thanks! i just posted on the "new users" page. i have an elite110....would love for honda to bring over the sh300 some day and convince my wife to let me upgrade.

to try to stick with the subject though, i've become jacket crazy! ;-)

currently in the wardrobe:
- corazzo max (medium)
- alpinestars verona air (large)
- alpinestars messenger (large)

right now, my next dream jacket is either a vanson or fox creek grayson leather jacket...armor capable, but nice enough to wear off the bike. textiles are extremely practical for scooter riding, but i would love a leather jacket to wear that would last a lifetime.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Activator

Post by Activator » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:01 am

The A-Stars Verona Air is my current favorite jacket, and I've owned MORE than a few in my time! Looks more like a "regular" jacket than an armored motorcycle jacket, flows a ton of air, is very comfortable and, with the optional back protector installed, it feels like it will do a good job in case of a get-off.

Two things: 1. It has a chemical smell to it when new, and it is FINALLY losing the smell after about 6 weeks of daily use! 2. It runs a hair small. I normally take an XL in most clothing, but the XL Verona was a little tight, especially with the back protector installed, so I traded it for an XXL which fits perfectly. (I'm 6'4", 200lb, 44in chest, 36in waist.)

Highly recommended. I'm thinking about getting the regular Verona for Fall riding.

smorris

Post by smorris » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm still rockin' my black/red six year old Corazzo 5.0 jacket. Yea, it is a little faded and worn here and there, but it is really comfortable. For cold weather I have a Tourmaster Transition II jacket

misu

Post by misu » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Activator wrote:The A-Stars Verona Air is my current favorite jacket, and I've owned MORE than a few in my time! Looks more like a "regular" jacket than an armored motorcycle jacket, flows a ton of air, is very comfortable and, with the optional back protector installed, it feels like it will do a good job in case of a get-off.

Two things: 1. It has a chemical smell to it when new, and it is FINALLY losing the smell after about 6 weeks of daily use! 2. It runs a hair small. I normally take an XL in most clothing, but the XL Verona was a little tight, especially with the back protector installed, so I traded it for an XXL which fits perfectly. (I'm 6'4", 200lb, 44in chest, 36in waist.)

Highly recommended. I'm thinking about getting the regular Verona for Fall riding.
big fan here too. didn't have the chemical smell with mine at all, though. guess i got lucky.

agree with you on fit. i'm 6', 175lbs, 39" chest, 34" waist and normally wear medium is most brands. went with large on the verona air, though, based on other reviews i'd read and it fits great, comfortable without being feeling baggy with back and chest protectors in place. i love that such a low-key "regular" looking jacket has such great features like pockets for chest protectors.