Scooter clothing - Tucano Urbano

Helmets, Jackets, Gloves, Pants, Boots
rainbowwalker

Scooter clothing - Tucano Urbano

Post by rainbowwalker » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:57 pm

Just a quick recommendation, I decided as it was my second winter with the SH125i I would buy some specific scooter clothing with an aim of allowing me to use the scooter occasionally for commuting without having to change into different clothes once I got to work (my work wear is shirt and chinos).

I ordered the Tucano Urbano Urbis 4g Jacket (a bit of a mouthful granted) in brown, with body armour, and its a lovely warm jacket and it shows that its been improved over previous versions. Nothing bad I could say about it at all.

http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/sale/tucano ... black.html

I also ordered the trousers that go with this, which allow you to zip yourself in and out of them without taking your shoes/boots off as they have zips and velcro up the sides of both legs. These are a brilliant idea, and make changes quicker when I get to work (I wear lace up boots all day, and appreciate not having to take these off when Im taking off my scooter wear). The zips on the sides are a little tricky to do up (I always seem to have problems with zips that are two way, so perhaps its me). The fit of these is perfect, in that they fit well, and are obviously designed for a scooter stance as they dont ride up your leg when riding.

http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/brands/tuca ... black.html

Fab gear that gets my full recommendation, I also note the 4G jackets are now on offer (in UK through Urbanrider).

Cheers.

RBW.

robber57
Admin

Re: Scooter clothing - Tucano Urbano

Post by robber57 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:41 am

Tucano urbano make great stuff, unfortunately its difficult to get a hold of the clothes in Holland :(

The have a brilliant scooter raincoat called the Parabellum :

It covers your knees(the 2XL size) and is lightweight and folded its a small package ,ideal to always have with you under the seat for those unexpected rainy moments(if you have these).
Its more or less a 100% solution, your legs are not completely covered but that should be no problem as you are on a scooter and dont get wet feet anyway.

If i could only find one in holland :(
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:48 am

Good idea and looks like it would work well.....Usually, by the time I stop and start pulling the rain pants on, I get soaked.
I am going to look into this....thanks.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:26 am

You also want to look like Neo (from the Matrix)? :lol:

What you say; usually by the time you get your rain pants on youre either already soaked or the rain has stopped,putting this on should take not more ten 10 seconds.
In the winter/fall i dont have this problem as i always have my thermoscud on the bike and my everyday jacket is waterproof but in the summer this could be a solution.

They also have nice gloves which are in between mittens and gloves called appropriately Velocirator
They give (more or less) the warmth effect of having vingers together in mittens but you can still use "2-finger-technique" to operate the levers :

Hein Gericke (a european clothes brand) now also has these, http://www.hein-gericke.de/motorradhand ... hwarz.html

These look really comfy and high quality but also a bit "bulky" and seem to have ,interestingly, more room for the first 2 digits and less room for the last 2 digits while the tucano urbano is the opposite....
I wonder what would work better?
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:04 am

As much as I like the raincoat concept, after checking out the price......looks like my $29.95 rain suit will have to make due for now.....need a set of City Grips soon, first......
I think the Velocirator would be the warmer glove with less room (air space) for the last two digits that will mostly stay wrapped in a death grip as you vigorously manipulate both brakes (first digits generate more heat from usage/blood flow) in a futile attempt to compensate for your maniacal driving technique and "idea's" of what one thought was possible while tip-toeing that fine-line...... :P
Will put these on my expanding "wish list" as its almost time (32° today, finally!) to take-the-gloves-off and really have at it .......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.