my sh 150 with mivv gp exhaust

Show off your new bike or favorite routes
robber57
Admin

Re: my sh 150 with mivv gp exhaust

Post by robber57 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:46 am

Indeed at first i was not impressed by it, but after also installing the accompanied spring and rollers i went on holiday with it to france and compared to previous year it seems especialy when climbing hills to do better.
Previous year i did about 75 kmh uphill and now i was doing 90 uphill average.
Keep in mind the old original vario had over 30000 km on it and was really bad so my judgement may be impaired.
It also seems topspeed has increased a bit, about 5 kmh.

I think you wont be dissapointed although the difference with a fairly new stock vario may not be as big as i experienced .
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:35 am

Ok i think i will try it for a week with the 10gr rollers and maybe ill change them later in heavier since i weight now 97kg. maybe the 10.5. i cant imagine what diference will make as it wass with the same rollers the stock vario but mast be ok since will also work the white spring. is it with the 20% rigidity?
Last edited by Nikolaidis on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malossi TC Unit O2 Controller [Lamda Emulator]
Malossi Multivar MHR 9.5gr [RR] Dr.Pulleys with [white] contra spring
Malossi clutch springs [white]

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:39 pm

The mhr vario comes with 9(for the sh125) and 10 gram rollers and a white spring, i have no idea what the spring load is but it seems necessary to use it as the vario does no great job if you dont use the spring.

Your weight has very little to do with what rollers you should use as i experienced from other users on a dutch forum, a friend who weighs 75 kgs uses exactly the same setup as i do ( i am a whopping 113 kg's :oops: ) and his bike keeps the rpm in the same manner as mine does.

if you would like to do something with the rollers i would suggest putting 9.5 gram in it as it seems to me now that rpm is a tiny bit on the low side from where peak power is and this will only increase as wear sets in.

Also keep in mind that the rollers on the mhr are a different size, you cant use honda size rollers.

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:13 pm

From what you are saying i'm imagine you have now on 10gram with the gears and lamda emulator... 9.5 may be better with the above but i'm thinking use it with the sliders, i read the make better work than rollers...but... i have seen the mhr has a different curve where the rollers slide... so i;m not sure how well would possible work the pulleys there.

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:32 am

i see with the springs for the maxi fly not adj. clutch even with the green they start engaging at 3000rpm. the thing is i want purchase the clutch but i need to have engagement on 2500 or 2250 like now with the white ones on the original clutch. the only reason i may buy this clutch is maybe because of the light clutch bell [wing] and clutch. do you know if the clutch is lighter than the original?

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Dont count on it, if it is any lighter the difference will be very small, probably not enough to notice.
The "fly" clutch is meant as a replacement for the original clutch, there is nothing "fast" about it.
Tye maxi-delta clutch is meant as a "fast" clutch, a race part, but it is not of very high quality and i do not recommend it.
There is in fact very little reason to change the clutch, changing the springs in the original clutch will give you all what you need.

The same goes for the bell, the maxi clutch bell or the maxi-wing clutch bell offer very little gain in weight.
I have an even nicer Polini speed bell but it weighs exactly(!) as much as the original, the only advantage it has
are the cooling ribs and larger cooling holes which means that in racing situations with constant use of the clutch it will not overheat, in normal everyday live there is little reason for buying it, besides that it makes a horrible squeaking noise when you accelerate because it does not have the anti-squeak ring welded around the bell.

Both speedbell and maxidelta clutch i bought lie on a shelf and are catching dust and in my sh are just the stock clutch and bell which are absolutely reliable and have excellent performance with the white springs in it....

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:33 pm

In the summer after driving 30min the scooter seems tired and i think this is becouse the heat in the clutchbell. on the store they told me that changing only the clutchbell will cause more wear.
Which clutchbell would you recommend? which clutchbell would you buy if you were going for another?
I look this one Image Its the Naraku

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:48 pm

I already gave the answer: the original bell, although you may have better results with the bell like the Naraku which has small fans and large cooling holes, it has at least the welded steel belt around the bell so it will not squeak.
If more cooling is your goal you can look at other bell like the naraku, if you want less weight there is no point of buying another as they all are about the same weight, the difference is not enough to justify spending the money unless you are racing with your sh on a circuit.

You have to keep in mind: if you put in white or yellow springs the clutch will become much hotter when driving in the city constantly pulling up and slowing down, i had my clutch in paris giving white smoke(like a burn-out !) from the belt case like it was on fire , i did not however noticed any slowing down, it just worked like it should.
After letting it cool down there was no problem anymore,and weeks later when i took it apart i could not find any damage at all.
Changing the springs has consequences which at first may not seem obvious but you only discover when driving for a while, if you do a lot of citydriving you may also want to look more often at the beltcase-filter and clean it more often, if this filter becomes clogged it has a direct impact on the temperature in the beltcase and the clutch.

Like with all these "performance parts" there is only one way to find out if the do what they promise and that is buying and trying or finding someone who has done it already and can tell you how the part works.
I have only tried one bell and one clutch which seemed , on paper, a good thing only discovering that the original does the same job but more reliable,not all Malossi or Polini parts are worth buying and some parts i even consider to be crap/junk compared to original.

this is what i bought, and the only thing i can say about it is that it is crap:

Nikolaidis

Post by Nikolaidis » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:26 am

Nikolaidis wrote:robber, i think i'll change the main clutch spring so i will be able to change gear on less km/h. [ i dont wana go with 30 km/h and having the first gear ] i'm also think, if i do that, also change the [ small springs ] GREEN. Will change on maybe 30km/h and FAST!!! [ Because of the springs ].... i would like to hear your opinion about that...

Well, someone has to ask to know stuff...

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Sorry i didnt see your post or looked over it.

I think indeed you should mount the big white malossi spring, it makes the malossi vario work as it should do, or at least like how the engineers from malossi think it should work.
The green clutch springs could be a bit to much, i dont know, i only used the blue-green-red spring set in the malossi delta clutch and i dont use the delta clutch anymore as it is to unreliable to use it everyday commuting to work and building up 15000 km's a year.

The little clutch springs only work while the clutch is working and only set the rpm at which the clutch slips.
Ideally you want to hear one constant rpm when you accelerate from zero, that means that if your vario is running at 8500 rpm your clutch should also run at 8500 rpm.
But if you do city (a lot)driving this may cause the clutch to become intolerable hot and burn up so in that case you will have to use lighter springs and lower the rpm so you clutch wont burn up.
How much and what color springs to use is difficult to say as your weight and use of the sh will be different then mine.
You should start with a soft spring and gradually install heavier and do some driving between the switch, enough driving to find out if the newly installed heavier springs give better result then previous and dont burn up the clutch.

As said before: vario and clutch setting is a compromise, if you only do racing you dont have to compromise but in every day practical use you cant have a scooter which behaves like a racer,where this compromise lies is up to you.