Tuning S.C. (slow chat)#1, where we all want to go 160

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
aaron

Re: Tuning S.C. (slow chat)#1, where we all want to go 160

Post by aaron » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:54 pm

robber57 wrote:hang controller somewhere with a ty-rap or screw
Thanks for the response. This part is what I'm wondering about. There is a slot for a screw (it appears) on the box/controller. Does it mount somewhere specific? I just want to make sure that I mount it as properly/securely as possible to prevent it from flopping about, cracking, stressing/shorting the wiring. Tips?

Aaron
2009 Yamaha C3 (2010 cannonballer and current daily rider), 2010 Honda SH150i (dream bike and prize possession), 2016 Yamaha Zuma 125 (all purpose plaything)

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 pm

It really doesn't matter as long as you remember that the exhaust-O2 sensor and the wire harness is moving in relation to the rest of the bike (the frame) so if you attach the controller to the frame you need to leave a bit of a loop in the wire where it goes from the frame to the wire harness which is attached partly to the engine.
If you attach the box somewhere on the engine you can completely strap the wireharness down to whatever you want.

I have been driving for a while like this, not the nicest way but i dont care, my sh is what they call in Holland a "salt muncher" :mrgreen: ,a workhorse par excellence which is beaten with a stick every day.
malossi tc02.jpg

The box itself is completely waterproof sealed and weighs nothing so a ty-rap (if youre paranoia use 2) will keep it in place, if you can find a screw to fixed it on thats also fine but i remember that i was also puzzling where to put it as the included "instructions" do not show where to actually put the box with a screw,probably because there is not really any place you can bolt it to :|
Recently i relocated it to the space between the right frame tube and right side panel , in my 2006 model thats where the rectifier box is located (aluminium finned box).

Italian products can be of high/good quality but the documentation has never been and probably never will be at the level of a original Japanese service manual like the one from honda. :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

aaron

Post by aaron » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Awesome, good info. And thanks! I'll post my where/how solution here (with pics) for the record after I'm finished.
2009 Yamaha C3 (2010 cannonballer and current daily rider), 2010 Honda SH150i (dream bike and prize possession), 2016 Yamaha Zuma 125 (all purpose plaything)

MSA

Post by MSA » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:32 pm

[quote="robber57"]Next addition; the "longer" malossi gear set for the final drive.
Installation was not all that much work or difficult but you do need a tool to press the ingoing shaft out of the crankcase and after that to pull the bearing of the shaft, alternatively gently heating the crankcase with a torch (cover the seal with a big washer) will get the shaft also out the crankcase and with a big vice you can push the bearing of the axle (NEVER use a hammer on bearings)
If you also want to do this mod i also strongly recommend to first buy a new drive-case gasket as it will almost certainly break when you take the 2 cases apart.
Before taking it apart wash the back end of the bike thoroughly to remove all sand and dirt and when you start unscrewing the bolts use a piece of cardboard to stick the bolts in so afterwards when you have to put them back you know which one goes where, they have different length and if you screw a long one in the short cavity you may ruin the case(!), the difference is only 5 mm(1/4") so beware.)

Hi robber 57 I come from Holland and want to do this longer gear set on my SH 150. Where can I buy it and also the drive case gasket and the tool to press the ingoing shaft out of the crankcase.

Thanks MSA
Just enjoy the ride.

berqa74

Post by berqa74 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Heya , Got 2012 Sh 125 cc. Did some modifications, like rollers lighter weight and new carbon fiber exhaust. Now I bought a Cdi from ebay,but then I could'nt find mine under seat or around.
My question is, Does the 2012 fuel injector 125cc sh got CDI ? And if, were is located.
Many thanks